Chapter 8 ~ Anonymous

As he leads me into his house, I take out my phone to look at the time.

The screen flashes on and 5:26 appears on the brightly lit screen.

Will my family be worried about me? No, I'm right nextdoor anyways. Plus my mom isn't even here.  Harry's hand tangles within mine softly and I fight to hold back a smile. He's so soft with me. It seems like he doesn't want to break me as though I'm a fragile price of fine China.

We walk into his front room and I spot a large flat screen hanging on the wall above a brick fireplace. A black recliner couch sits in front of the TV and a single recliner is placed at each side.

The walls are stained with very bright white paint and are spotless. Countless plants, statues, and paintings decorate the spacious room, making it very lively.

"Your house is really nice, Harry." I compliment turning my head towards him.

"My mom tries." He smiles.

"And you don't help her?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No. A lady's job is in the kitchen."

He. Did. Not.

"You did not just say that! That's so sexist!" I remove my hand from his for emphasis.

"What do you mean? It's true. A woman should always clean and put hot food on the table." He defends.

His mind is so wrong in so many ways. Women do so much more than just 'put food on the table' and 'clean'.

"We also care for children and work. And sometimes when the douche of a father leaves and the wife has no support then what? The wife has to actually work. If you haven't noticed, this isn't 1734."

"Well if we stay together that long, which I doubt very much, you won't have to worry about kids because I'm not having any." he protests.

How do you not want to have kids when you grow up? That's sad, really. I've always wanted kids and a family, and if he can't give me that then I really don't think it'll work out. I really don't.

Wait.

What does he mean he doubts us ever having a future together. If he really doubts it that much there isn't a point for us to stay together.

Wait.

We aren't even together.

I can't even form a coherent sentence, for I am at loss of words. I try to speak but the words just don't fall from my lips.

"I don't plan on ever having kids. They're annoying." At this point, im glaring at him like he's a phsycopathic killer.

"You're basically saying that you were annoying because everyone was once a child." I narrow my eyes at him.

"Can we just not talk about this. we're not even twenty yet." He groans. He does have a point there. I don't plan on having any kids anytime soon, but I still want children of my own when I'm older.

I can tell that marriage and kids are a very touchy subject for him.

"Fine." I agree.

I can't get what he said out of my head though.

if we stay together..

Does that mean we're together? Because I didn't approve of that. But I really wouldn't mind it... I want to ask very badly but I guess that he just slipped up.

My thoughts are still reeling on the subject. How could you not want kids? They're our future! I wonder if my dad was as stubborn as Harry, but finally gave into having kids. I guess Harry at least will get married. Well I can only hope.