The words left Lainey's mouth in a manner that made Sasha understand that she was being forced to do it. Her eyes were still mean looking.

Sasha decided to make it harder for her, whether she was late for her class or not.

"I'm sorry, I blanked out after the first sentence."

Lainey growled but her mother tightened her grip on her shoulder.

Lainey repeated the entire spiel.

"How much?"

She leaned against her locker confidently. She felt raw power in her as she watched Lainey open her purse and hand her a wad of money.

"Two thousand dollars, in cash." Lainey's teeth were gritted in self restraint. Her eyes glittered at the money.

The bell rang. Sasha was officially late. Well, nothing she could do about it now.

"Thank you, Lainey, Lainey's mom." She said, accepting the cash graciously.

"You're welcome. I raised a good God fearing child. This is really out of character for her." Lainey's mom said.

Lainey rolled her eyes and tried to turn around, but apparently her mom was stronger than she looked as she held Lainey down to that spot.

"I'm sure you did." Sasha said, resisting the urge to snicker.

"If Lainey is ever bothering you again, tell me. She'll be loosing much more than her 6 month allowance."

With that, the woman swept away with a forlorn Lainey at her heels. What a lady!
Sasha tucked the cash into her purse and walked casually to class. Late is late. Same punishment of you're 5 minutes late or 15. An hour's detention after school.
Oh well.
--------------------------------------
Jeremy pretended to laugh at what Tony said. It was lunch time and he was at his table with Tony right beside him with an arm around Cara. No greater disrespect, even when you ask for permission.

Why do I even have to be on top? He asked himself as he chatted amicably with the rest. Anyone looking at him would never guess he was re-evaluating his life under those sparkling eyes and charming grin.

When he really analyzed it, he could see that it was all in his ego. It was against his nature to be anything but the best. He felt like if he started slipping up, he'd lose his status as most popular and good looking boy. Sure, he wasn't the most influential like Tony, or the super sports man like Desmond. He just created the illusion that he was by combining both attributes. That's why he was team captain not Desmond or Tony. That is why he was Jeremy Cox.

But hell he was tired of it all. The falseness. The Cold War. The backstabbing. He didn't care what they said about him - he only cared about his empire. And he wanted to have a real shoulder to rely on. Not fake shoulders that would spill your deepest secrets as fast you told them.

His eyes caught Sylvie's. Her green eyes were accentuated by the interesting red eyeliner she wore and her hair was tied up in a high ponytail. She was wearing her cheer leading uniform and she looked good.

"Hey" he said, giving her his smile that made girls go mad.

He was satisfied when she nervously smoothed her ponytail.