Leo.

He was your best friend, so he knew what your fake smiles look like and he knows that your responses don't have effort in them.

Whenever you were alone, you would take your pain out on yourself. You found a razor and began cutting.

You scraped the jagged, sharp piece of metal against your skin. The sharp edges dug in your skin and blood became noticeable.

You winced in pain at how it felt, but at the same time it felt good to cut your woes away.

Your wrists became numb, which is what you wanted to feel like. Numbness made you not feel the pain.

You became dizzy and lightheaded from the loss of blood, but you continued to weakly cut yourself.

You moved on to your thighs. You hated your thighs, and that's why you decided to cut them.

You grabbed a new razor since the other one became dull. This was one sharper than the previous one.

You pressed the blade into your thigh and scraped down. Cuts formed in your skin and dark red blood seeped out.

Tears welled up in your eyes because the pain was too extreme, you couldn't bear it.

But you had to. It was the only thing that made you feel better because of the numbness.

You wiped your tears away. Cover girls and models don't cry because it would ruin their makeup. You needed to practice that skill.

You became addicted to cutting. Every week, you had to buy a new package of razors.

Not only were you cutting, but you were hitting yourself to form bruises. You took your pain out on yourself.

You always wore pants and sweaters. People questioned you about wearing sweaters and pants in 100° weather, but you would just say you were naturally cold.

It was another night of cutting. You grabbed a fresh razor and clamped it onto your wrist.

You pressed down harder as you scraped at your skin. You screamed in pain as old cuts reopened.

Part of you wanted to tell Leo what you were doing, but you didn't want him to be concerned because this is what you wanted. To be beautiful.

But there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark
You should know you're beautiful just the way you are
And you don't have to change a thing
The world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful

Leo still knew that you were insecure, because he was once insecure too. He knows what it feels like.

You were sitting on Leo's bed in Bunker 9 with Leo. Your shoulders were touching and you both were watching a movie.

Leo grabbed your hand and you winced. He accidentally rubbed against your open scars.

Leo carefully and gently caressed your hand. You felt tears coming to your eyes because you knew this was the moment he was going to find out.

He cautiously lifted your grey sweater sleeve up. He stared wide eyed at all of your scars.

You looked away ashamed because Leo's face was crossed between shocked and horrified.

You felt his warm hand run over your scars and you let a single tear fall each time he crossed an open wound.

He didn't say anything, probably to horrified to do so. What he did do, was pull you into his chest and hug you in his arms.