Blue Eyed Beauty

Have you ever felt like no one ever cared for you? Well, that’s how I have felt for the last 16 years of my life. I can’t take back what happened to my family 10 years ago. I just keep on living and moving forward. That’s what mom would have told me. Sure I miss them like crazy, but I can’t take it all back, if I could I would. If you haven’t guessed already I’m an orphan. I have been one since I was only 7 years old. It was cold; I had chills running down my back. I wrapped my scarf around my neck. Shivering I looked up at my mom. “Mommy, why did we have to walk?” “Because, it’s a nice night for a walk.”

But, it wasn’t a nice night. It was one of the scariest nights of my life. I mean, I was only 7 and I watched as my mom and dad got hit by a huge semi. I screamed. “Mom! Dad! Please don’t leave me. I need you.” Before I could say goodbye a police officer had grabbed me and was leading me to his car. “Poor child.” I heard him faintly whisper. I still have nightmares to this day. And because I’m an orphan, I don’t go to school. I mostly walk around the forest during the day. It really peaceful. There’s no one to bother you. And, it’s not like my caretaker really cares about me.

She doesn’t care where I go or what I do as long as when the inspector comes that I’m there and on my best behavior. Hey, it works for me.

“Mrs. Edith I’m going for a walk.” “Alright dear.” I grabbed my notepad and stencils and walked out into the woods. This forest, which is behind the orphanage, is also great for drawing. I just love drawing, I’ve always wanted to be one of those famous artists who get to hang their creations up in museums, but I guess I guess I could wait a couple years for that to ever happen. I stopped and sat down, leaning against the tree for support. I took my stencils and started tracing this blue bird. I blocked everything out and just drew.

Garrett’s pov.

God! I hate my dad! He thinks that I want to continue ranching on the farm for the rest of my life. Well, I don’t. I wanna get out and explore the world. I wanna find the girl that’s perfect for me. Not one of those girls that sluts around for attention. Sometimes I just need to get away, so I take walks in the woods right behind my family’s ranch. It was very peaceful, and a great place to think. But, who was that sitting at my spot? I don’t think I’ve ever seen her before. But man she was beautiful! She didn’t even dress like a slut. But who was she?

Kailey’s pov

Snap! I heard a twig snap and I looked up and saw a boy, about my age staring at me.

I gave him a weird look. Why in the world would he come here? And what was he doing here? Did my guardian send him after me? What was she pissed at me for this time?

“Who are you?” I said in a shaky voice.  “Garrett. Who might you be?” “Kailey.” I faintly whispered. “What?” “KAILEY.” Practically shouting at him. I watched as he walked closer, trying to get a better view. “Who are you?” I just told him my name. “I just told you my name.” “I know but I mean who are you? I’ve lived here my whole life and I have no idea who you are.” “Does it really matter?” “Well, it kind of does. It would be nice if I knew you or something.” “I don’t think so.”

“You’re different.” “So?” “Nothing wrong with it, it’s just nice you know.”