Killing Lullaby

Harley's POV

"Quinzel." Amanda Wallar calls out.

The water bottle cap makes a slight popping noise as I open it. "Yes?"

"Take a seat!" A deep man's voice bellowed. Batsy, Batsy, Basty. I followed his orders and took a seat on a nearby chair.

"Why am I here?"

"We have your daughter Melanie." Amanda shouts.

I gasp. "Why...?"

"Easy. Broke into the Joker's mansion. Got the little girl out....Got Melanie out." Amanda repeated.

"Amanda." I call out.

"What?" I can tell that she doesn't even wanna listen to me.

"I heard you the first time you told me that you got Melanie. You don't need to fuckin repeat it to me. And isn't that called 'breaking and entering'?" I stand up.

"Yeah but of a criminals home? I don't thinks so."

"Why do you even have my daughter?" I chimed.

"On the night of getting the squad all back in Belle Reve, Joker and his henchmen broke you out. You weren't suppose to leave. You still have jail time. So for a punishment, you're back in the Suicide Squad of course. No one can take care of Melanie so she's going to an adoption facility."

"You can't take my baby away from me!" I hiss.

"Watch me." A moment of shock passed. Batman just shot daggers at me from across the room. Amanda sat quietly. They can't take my baby away from me.

Could they? I peered outside the glass window. Melanie was sitting down on a chair. A social worker was talking to her. She couldn't see me.

But I could see her. "Melanie is all that I have. You can't take her away. Mr. J can take care of her." I sighed.

"Joker is dead." Amanda shook her head. Fake sympathy.

"Right." I say. I stared at their expressions. "I'm sorry. What?" I finally gave a reply that wasn't just a one word.

"He's dead." Amanda smiles.

"No. Mr. J was there to break me out that night. He said that he would be back."

"How long was that?" She gazes at me.

"A year." I stare steadily in her eyes.

"We have security cameras showing his death. You were even there but you fled the scene. Would you like to see it?"

"No. I remember everything now."

First chapter for my new story!
Song: "Emperor's New Clothes" by Panic at the Disco