2.For Christ's sake Chris!

Start bij het begin

"Sweety, you coming?" Asks Shay looking impatiently at me and stretching his hand for me.
I'm not sherlock but I know there is something fishy.. He never be this nervous and uncomfortable around me. Well striking these thoughts from my mind. I take his hand and we walk towards car smiling.

The journey was small but gave me enough time to think about whatever Chris said, Me and Chris have known each other for forever. We have been friends since we were in diapers. Our mother's were friends and that made us together since childhood.

Since then he has been the one to take care of me. After my..
Well, he has been the only one I rely on and I know he will always be with me. But his judgements on Shay are something which are totally not understandable. I mean he doesn't even have a point there, I know he is worried but I get to choose who I want to date, not him. Isn't it?

The journey to the party was uneventful with few stolen glances and secretive smiles.

Shay opens the door for me and takes my hand as I smile towards him. We make way among the people as my gaze settles on my hand intertwined with his.
"Hey cery! Finally you made it! I was waiting for you!" shouts Aisha passing through throng of people and making her way towards me.

"I had to Aisha, You're my only girlfriend.
Anything for you." I wink at her which she replies by winking back at me.

"Excuse me girls, can I take Cera for few minutes Aisha?"

"Of course" she winks at him.

What are they up to? My subconscious asks as I shrug.

Shay takes hold of my hand again and we move towards the bar. He sits on the space beside me still holding my hand, his thumb circling around my knuckles this sends shivers in my spine, I think it is a nervous gesture.

"Would you like to dance my pretty lady?" he asks by emphasising on the word lady.

"Yes for sure" I reply as I laugh at his choice of word. 

We reach to the dance floor and he takes my hand and keeps it on his shoulder, he takes my other hand interlinking my fingers with his and keeps his other hand on my waist.
Heck! My heart is fluttering!

The song starts and we start to move slowly..slowly... His eyes never leaving mine and we continue to sway that way. Under the effect of the beautiful lyrics of the song.

Tear me down they can't take you out of my thoughts
Under every scar there's a battle
I've lost
Will they stop when they see us again?
I can't stop now I know who I am.

Now I'm all yours, I'm not afraid
And you're all mine,say what they may
And all your love, I'll take to the grave
And all my life starts..

Suddenly he pulls me and takes my hand and we start to move towards the pool side. The romantic music playing now feels like a background music. The open space outside is a bit isolated because of the party inside, except few people enjoying the pool.
The area is open and lot of stars are visible overhead.
I love stargazing so this feels good to me, tonight. Adding on it, the wonderful smell of wild flowers from nearby garden fills the air.

He looks at me and smiles as I smile back at him, he then takes my hand and bends on his one knee looking straight into my eyes.

"Cera, I don't know if it's the right time or right situation or not. But I have an urgency to tell you. That you are the most prettiest girl I have ever seen. The way you are is simply perfect. I love the fact that you aren't like those other girl. You are different and that's unique in you. Give me some time so I can prove you that you are the most beautiful girl I have ever known.
Cera. I Love You" He says as he smiles and waits for me to reply. I can feel his hand shaking a bit giving away his nervousness and the fear of facing rejection.

I remember we were taught something like lungs takes oxygen and releases carbon Di oxide cause right now I think my body had forgotten how to breath.
He is proposing me! And it's the most perfect person I have ever known proposing me in the perfect situation, I don't know how he does every right thing?

He looks expectantly at me. And stands up still holding my hand.

Damn Cera bring the poor guy out of his misery! My subconscious snaps as I inwardly glare at her.
Give a girl her time.

"Shay.. I love you too." I answer as I smile brightly.

Hee releases his breath that he was holding and grins.
Even he was holding his breath? Oh I love the effect I have on him.

He then smiles and hugs me.
Keeping his head on the crook of my neck and hugging me tightly.
I bury my head in his chest inhaling his scent. Oh this feels so good!

"Girlfriend." He says as if testing this foreign term of endearment for me. I feel him smiling and hugging me tighter.

Now that feels perfectly Good.
//________________________\\

Word count: 1600 Words.
Rewritten.
1/21/17.