*TWENTY-SIX*

As soon as the door shut behind them, Olive sat Krishna down on the bed, and tossed herself onto it beside him, "Argh, finally!"

Lucien watched her do this, and laughed, "Was it that bad?"

"You have no idea," She said on a groan rubbing a hand through her hair mussing it out of her bun, "Are they always like that?"

He pushed off the door, and grabbed up his bag, "Like what?"

"Stiff," She pushed herself up, and stared at him. Lucien avoided laughing at her, with her hair sticking out everywhere. He could only think of a roosters comb, coughing he answered her question. "It wasn't like this when my mother was here."

"Oh," She said standing, and following his example, grabbing her own bag she came to his side "Where is she, your mother?"

Lucien paused, his lips pressed together before they softened, "She...she died."

Olive hearing this sucked in a quick breath, and dropping her bag she reached out to him. Only she hadn't calculated where she'd tossed the bag, and it fell on her toes. She cried out, and fell forward. In order to catch her Lucien dropped his shirt, and caught her by the arms.

Wide eyed, the both of them met each other gaze in surprise.

"Humph," Olive blurted, then started laughing, her eyes sparkling up at him, "Okay, I guess it's a good time for me to mention that I'm sort of clumsy, other 'being' status notwithstanding."

Lucien leaned in close, and smirked, before whispering, "I've kind of noticed."

As he pushed her back to her feet, Olive felt heat reach her cheeks as she avoided looking at him, "Ah, hmm okay..." for no reason she muttered something about checking on Krishna, who was perfectly fine.

Lucien watched her go, but his eyes darkened when he thought about his mother's death. It wasn't something he liked talking about, but it was one of the major reasons he wanted to take over his fathers pack.

Eventually both of them returned to putting their items away, even though Lucien tried several times to slyly encroach on Olives personal space, which she rebutted with a blast of cold wind, and sound shout of, "Not in front of Krishna!"

***

"Stop pouting," Olive muttered as she followed Lucien down stairs, he'd offered to show her around while Krishna slept. He suddenly stopped on the step below and turned. Taken by surprise Olive eyes widened, and she blinked as she avoided his intent gaze. "Ah...I-I was just trying to..."

He suddenly grabbed her hand, "Let's go."

"Huh, Go where?"

Lucien rolled his eyes, and started dragging her along behind him, "Come on."

Olive let herself be dragged down the stairs, and outside. The outside was thick and wooded maybe it had been the early morning light it would have seems more welcoming, but the woods looked denser, and darker at night.

The earth further north always felt heavier, and wetter. She tightened her hold on his hand, as he took her into the woods. She could feel the tendrils of branches as they reached out to her, trying to pull her closer.

She shivered as the wind trailed its fingers against her face, as if trying to seduce her.

"Are you okay?" Lucien asked, feeling her shiver. She smiled. "I'm fine." she replied.

He gave her one more look before he nodded, and they continued to what appeared to be a small creek. He stopped, "Here it is."

Staring at it blankly, Olive lifted a questioning gaze to Lucien, "What is it?"

He gave her an annoyed look, "The first place we met...you don't remember?"

Olive stared at him blankly, before turning her gaze to look at the surroundings. Realization dawned, and her moth dropped. "Ah!"

Lucien crossed his arms, giving her a suspicious look, "Don't tell me you forgot?"

"No...No I didn't," Olive said, giving him a weird look while at the same time, bitting her lip hard to not bust out laughing at his affront. "I mean, it wasn't exactly the same, it's missing dense fog, creepy noises and some random Lycan bathing nude in the creek." She said, her cheeks hurting as she covered her lips so he wouldn't see her smile.

"Are you laughing at me?" He asked, stepping towards her.

She shook her head, stepping back, "ah, heh—no." She said failing to swallow her chuckle.

Glaring, Lucien growled, "Come here" He rushed after her.

Letting out shriek, Olive turned and ran away from him. Her laughter, and his, mixed in the clearing. Olive tapped into her true nature, wind catching her under her feet as she tried to evade him.

She snorted just as she lifted, her concentration falling apart she suddenly fell, right into his arms. Lucien smirked down at her, "Now was that hard?"

"Shut up!" She said, as he laughed at her pouting face, "Put me down." She snapped, annoyed at his arrogance.

"Yes, do put her down brother."

Olive eyes jerked towards the voice, at the person standing before them. She squinted realizing it was Lucien's brother. "It's unbecoming, your behavior, with...the human," He sneered.

Lucien put Olive down, his face becoming cold and empty. "I hope your words were not meant to insult my mate."

"Mate?" Josef, scoffed his dark eyes blazing with disgust as he looked at Olive, "You sure she isn't some cheap whor—!"

"Lucien, don't!"

Lucien hands gripped the front of his brother's shirt, his teeth elongating, and his eyes beginning to glowing. The usual blood lust pouring out, "Say it...and I'll rip your tongue from your head!" His growl was menacing. Olive froze, her heart pounding as she gripped at her chest. She couldn't move, her feet felt like they were stuck in cement.

Josef lips curled, as he raised a hand and stiffly laid it on Lucian's the one that gripped his shirt, "Do it. Go ahead," he taunted, as his eyes stared into Lucians, he lifted his chin in defiance, "You're just like him running after a weak, and worthless human."

His own aura fired up, and the two of them glared at each other, eager to rip each other's throats out. Olive swallowed, her vision was growing blurry, "L-Lucien..."

She called to him, but she wasn't sure he heard her, "Lucien..." She called to him once more, before she fainted.

"O-olive!"

***

It was there, beyond the bushes. Something wild, and dark waited for me in the shadows of my spirit. My heart clenched as the glowing eyes observed my movements, it knew me well...and I knew it well.

Yet I couldn't remember its name, it's breath of heated blood lust spurred me on to run. Still, there was something in me that wished to be devoured by it.

The claws that raked at my back chased me down into the abyss of my unconscious.

What would I become, if this things caught up to me...what would I become?