*SIXTEEN*

Olive eyes widened when she realized it was too late, she could now clearly hear the low rumbling growl of the lycans who hid at the forest edge still shrouded in darkness. Without thinking she grabbed Krishna's arm pulled him so that he faced the gate and screamed, "RUN!"

His eyes were filled with fright, and without argument he took off towards the gate.

Facing the Lycan that was steadily increasing its speed, Olive breath caught, when in the next moment that felt like slow motion, its muscles bunched and with a smooth agility released as it launched for her. Soon she realized as it sped past her that it intended to attack Krishna.

Tightening her hand into a fist the ground rolled before with a lurch it launched up catching the Lycan in the stomach lifting it off the ground, before it snapped back down still.

Not wanting to waste, a good opportunity, Olive ran after Krishna, moving quickly. Taking in air in the same speed she released it. In a flash of speed another Lycan raced past her after Krishna, at that very moment he fell to the ground, inches from the gate to their haven.

In shocked terror he lifted his head and glance over his shoulder as the Lycan jumped towards him only for the ground to move again swirling up it latched itself to its arms and legs binding it in midair.

"Come on!" Olive shouted grabbing Krishna by his arm, forcing him to rise and stagger after her. She needed to get him to the gate as fast as possible.

Krishna who could hear the pained yelps return to the loud howling, which caused the hair on the back of his knuckles to rise. Against his will, he turned his head as Olive dragged him forward, only to shiver as he watched more Lycans walk from the depths of the forest not realizing he was slowing down.

"Don't stop, we have to move!"

Olive yelled over her shoulder. Krishna jerked his attention forward his speed returning.

They arrived at the gate, both breathing heavily. The howling had increased, as if they were already celebrating their win. Olive cringed at the sight of the many Lycans who were slowly surrounding them, the mist rolling from their mouths like steam. The glow caused a shiver of revulsion to run up her spine.

"O-olive?" Krishna said, his voice shaky with fear.

"Go ahead, I'll protect your back." She said motioning him towards the gate, her eyes focused on the slowly moving lycan.

"What?! No!" Krishna exclaimed grabbing her arm in desperation, "We'll go together!"

The minute she turned to face him, Olive she'd made a deadly mistake. Her back tensed as he felt the wind shift.

Without thinking she shove Krishna, hard. He yelled out as he fell through the gate, disappearing immediately. She prayed he didn't hurt himself when he landed, turning she flattened her palm midair and swung it up. A trail of fire following her movement, rushing out it singed the oncoming Lycans face.

Whimpering the lycan pulled away from her, that didn't deter the others. If anything it seemed she'd provoke them with her show of power. Taking a deep breath, Olive released it her lips pursed, immediately the wind whipped and caught her under her feet. The leaves and dirt rushed with the strength of the wind, and caused the Lycans to lower their heads to avoid dirt flying into their eyes.

Using this opportunity, Olive took off her feet light and carrying her towards safety.

At least that's what she thought would occur if it hadn't been for the sound of tree branches breaking and the pawed feet the hit the ground causing a vibration to shake it. Olive didn't dare to look back, or even pause in her effort to get away. She pushed herself over boulders and fallen trees as they pushed her deeper the forest.