Face to Face with the devil himself

Start from the beginning

                                      I shook off that feeling of fear, its something I never wanted to feel again and now is not the time to start. I left my wings free and started to walk along the path. I tried not to cringe when I heard tortured screams echo towards me. I could barely see the path in front of me, I could see creatures move in the shadows of darkness as they watched me. I tried not to focus on the feeling of been watched or the shiver that I'm trying to keep from travelling down my spine. I slowly took the handle of my sword out from my belt. Just incase. I feel like I have been walking for forever and getting know where. I jumped as something started to grab my ankle. I tried to kick it off but it is no use, this thing has some grip. I let my dark flames lick up my sword til they formed my blade. When I swung at the thing holding onto my leg, the flames lit up enough to see a hideous looking creature, that is dragging itself along the ground as it tries to pull me down. I sliced its hands off and shook my boot to get rid of them. I was shocked to hear an ear piercing scream leave the creatures mouth. I did the only thing I could think of and swung my blade and cut his head off.

                                 I sighed with relief when the screaming stopped, but I looked around to see if its screaming drew anymore unwanted attention.  I stayed still for a few minutes and listened, but I could only hear the sluggish movements of the other creatures in the shadows but none of the movements are close to me. I started walking again, but alot faster this time, I need to find Rose souls, I dont know if time down here is the same as our world, so I can't risk not finding her soul. I looked up and saw nothing to prevent me flying, it will be quicker and the safer option.

                                                     I let my wings lift me off the ground til I was above everything. I looked around and saw what's looks like a castle in the distance. I guess even Lucifer likes his comforts. That is where I need to go, so I flew in that direction. My heart started to thump faster as I got closer, Im just praying Rose's soul hasn't been judged yet and moved to where she is destined for. As I got closer, I could see the castle in detail, its like something out of the medieval times, outside these are massive oil burners standing the height of the castle doors. I can see alot of souls in the shape of their human forms, but not exactly solid either. But what took me by surprise are the demons that are keeping everything in order.

                                                     I looked around for somewhere to land and found the perfect spot about five hundred metres away. I kept my wings out, just incase I will need them and my sword ready if I need to fight. I started to make my way towards the castle. When I got to the edge of the crowd, I took a deep breath, I can do this, its only Lucifer, but then again he is the fucking devil. Panic is starting to creep in again. Fuck sake Ariel pull your shit together, I told myself. I stood up straight and walked into the crowd. I am metres away from the line of gathering souls, when I get spotted. But I didn't get the reaction I was expecting, I expected them to attack and try capture me, but instead the demons bowed, all the crowd around me moved back, leaving me in full view as they too bowed down. What the fuck is going on. I started to walk forward using this advantage but still ready to fight if I need too, I looked at ever soul as I moved further and further up through the crowd.

                               I nearly collapsed with relief when I saw a scared looking Rose, I practically ran to her and wrapped my arms around her, I was surprised I could wrap my arms around her, she didn't seem solid before, she threw her arms around me and buried her head in my neck. I rubbed her back,

"Its okay Rose, I'm here to try get you back, I can't leave you here, Jake is distraught without you and I would miss you too much" I said.

"I was so scared Ariel, I thought I would never see any of you's again, it hurt so much to think I found my other half and I would never know what it felt like to wake up in his arms and to be loved by  him, I imagined what our life  would be like the second I saw him, I didn't think I would leave him so soon Ariel" she sobbed.

"Its okay, you will have all that again, I will do whatever it takes to get you back" I said.

I felt myself stiffen as a powerful presence stood behind me,

"That's good to know, what do you have to offer for a pure soul?" I heard a deep voice say.

Even tough I never heard his voice before, I knew who it is, I let go of Rose and turned around, placing her behind me as I stood in front of her and came face to face with the devil himself. But he is nothing like I expected.

"Hello Ariel, I take it you know who I am" he said, with a heartbreaking smile,

"Yes, I know who you are, Lucifer" I said.