I have chosen

Chapter 11

My head is so messed up right now, I want Brax but how do I let him in after I have fought so hard to keep people out. I'm confused over my feeling for him. Marcus is my mate yet I feel nothing for him and Brax isn't my mate, yet I feel so much for him. I feel a strong connection to him. I have always been able to tell who is been honest and who is not. I know that Brax wants more and I see that now, where as Marcus is out for himself. I dont trust him one bit, he is devious and sneaky and that's not a good combination.

                                                  I grabbed my clothes off my bed and got dressed. Even do Brax has just left, I already feel myself aching for his touch, for the feel of his lips on mine again. I need something to distract myself. Before I could think of something, I heard the message from the archangel about more demons surfacing. I put on my hightops and drove to the location given. But something didn't feel right, I dont know if I can kill them, not after spending time with Brax. We were always told demons are heartless and soulless monsters that are only born to cause death and destruction. The more I think about it, I have never actually heard about any demons causing trouble, humans cause deaths and we dont hunt them down and kill them, yet I have yet to see a death demons have caused with out it been self defense . As expertly trained as we are, we can't stop them all, so some must be free and roaming the streets. This is the first time I have ever questioned what we do by killing demons and I dont know why I haven't questioned our motives before. But the more I think and question what we do, the more uneasy I feel about killing them. I dont think I can.

                            When I arrived I made myself invisible and flew to one of the temple roofs away from the entrance. I watched as the guardian and my oh so lovely asshole mate and his beloved stand at the entrance with three other guardians. I watched as they laughed and joked around with each other. The more I watched them, the more all of this felt wrong. What if all the demons are like Brax, full of humanity not evil. I saw the entrance open and a five demons step out as the guardian and Marcus attacked them, I really watched for the first time from a distance. The demons weren't the first to attack and all the moves seemed to be defensive. Their only stopping the blows, their not trying to kill. But even I know that its the guardians or them. One of the other will have to die.

                         I'm just glad none of them are Brax, I feel a overwhelming feeling of the need to protect him. I think right now if it came down to them or him, I would always choose him, even over Marcus. I feel absolutely nothing for him other than disguist. I watch him as he fight, as a warrior I expect him to be a great fighter but his moves are slow and sloppy, he aimed for any area he can hit, instead of the ones that would provide an easy kill or take down. His ego is far greater than his actual skill. If that's what the vampires, oh so great warrior fights like, I would have to hate to see the rest of them because right now he is a complete embarrassment, he is more of a danger to himself than he is to the demons. Alexis is just ridiculous, she can't fight for shit. She is uncoordinated and slow, I have seen dogs fight better than them. The demons on the other hand were exceptional fighters, they have been well trained. They know what points to hit to do the most damage. I took in all the moves and techniques, if the lower demons fight this good, then Brax must be extremely impressive fighter because he definitely has the body of one.

            The longer the fights continue, the worse for wear the guardians are. They are getting their asses handed to them and I can't help but enjoy it. For all their attitude and high opinion of themselves, they are not stronger or better than me. The option right now is to watch their downfall or save them. Right now I'm enjoying their downfall. Some darker part of me is telling me to walk away and let them get what they deserve. A tiny part is telling me to help them but right now its not strong enough for me to want to protect them. After another ten minutes of watching them struggle, it time to show them why I have the warrior mark. I'm not killing the demons, I just fighting them off long enough so the others can be ungrateful and escape. I flew into the air and landing right behind my so called beloved. I pulled my wing back and made myself visible. I pulled the demon off his back and flung him backwards giving him a rough landing. I spun around to find a demon coming straight for me, for the first time I didn't see razor sharp teeth and black pits for eyes, I saw something that shocked me. His eyes are full of humanity, like Brax's. When he realised I had noticed something different about him he stopped charging towards me. The rest stopped fighting at the same time, throwing the others to the ground, they quickly got up glaring at me, as Alexis said" I told you she is evil, she is on their side".

"Shut up Alexis, lets just go while we can, we always knew she had something to do with them, her wings are black for a reason" one of the guardian said as I glared at him. I am seeing the guardians in a whole new light. They turned around and ran like the cowards they are. I turned to face the demons, like Brax I know longer feel they are a threat. But what the hell has changed,

"Why do you look different to me now?" I asked.

"There is a couple of reasons but if you dont know yet its not my place to explain, I'm sorry but someone else should be explaining all of this to you, have you been spending time with a demon?" he asked.

"Yeah, why does that matter?" I asked, they looked at each other with a knowing look and smiled.

"You will find out soon, but you will need to have an open mind, everything you know and learned will be completely turned upside down, we need to go but we will be seeing you soon" he said smiling as they shimmered.

What sort of explanation is that, he has just made me more fucking confused. What does all this have to do with Brax. I dont know what's going on but I think I have already chosen who I'm going to fight with.