Thirteen

The ride back home was spent in complete silence as you thought about things. Being able to finally land a job at Buzzfeed was one thing but having to deal with your feelings towards Eugene was another. God, what did you put yourself into? With mind full of thoughts, you barely register that you've reached your stop. With your bags in tow, you scrambled your way out of the bus.

Being able to finally set eyes on the neighborhood that felt familiar as ever, the very signages and landmarks  you were used to seeing while growing up hit you in waves of nostalgia. Somehow, it brought a lighter feeling to your heart. Maybe going home wasn't such a bad idea. Having stuck up in work and all those sleepless nights working on videos making sure they were good was taking a toll on your body that you were not previously aware of. Now, having a change of surroundings was really a breather.

After rapping your knuckles on your house's door, your mom opened it and took you in for a hug. You wrapped your arms  around her frame and it felt good to finally be able to feel her again.

Your room has been exactly the way you left it except for some cobwebs and a light dusting that covers most of the furniture. After doing a little bit of cleaning that your tired body allowed you to, you plopped on your bed and brought the covers up to your head. Now, you'll succumb to your body's need to finally rest for tonight and let the warm feeling of being home bloom in your chest.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: I know this is long overdue!!!! I'm so sorry this part is so short, but don't worry!! I'll try to update more for you guys who want to keep up with this story. I haven't touched this  for sooo long and i'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting! i've been trying to write this story way back in 2015 when i have been going through rough times and writing has helped me to feel better and specially your comments, they mean so much to me even if it doesn't seem like it!! :)) Anyway, hope you have a nice day!!!