Maya

My best friend and I were on the subway heading to school. She always wanted to be like me and this was her first time riding the subway. I looked in back of me and there was a boy reading a book. He was a dirty blond with blue eyes. I looked at him and he smiled at me. He took my breath away.

      All I could think of at the time was "he's the one

      All I could think of at the time was "he's the one. Him!". I looked at Riley and I saw her staring. Did he smile at me or her? He's still reading his book. Riley's talking but I was barley listening. She was talking about lipstick or something. Then she said she wanted to be cool like me.
      "Let's see how cool you are when you look at him." I chuckled.
      What was I thinking! Of course she's going to like him. I mean look at him! She turned around with an awkward smile. Yup, she likes him. Riley started to giggle.
     "Yeah, your going to need some lessons." I said "Here's everything you need to know about boys and girls."
     I walked up to him and we were in a 10 second relationship. Then I came back, and I pushed Riley right onto his lap. Why! Why did I do that! I could here them talking.
    "Hi, we were just talking about you" Riley blurted.
"I'm Lucas." He smirked.
There it's done. He likes her and that's it he'll never like me.
I don't know why but I was so mad at him I started to make fun of him. It became into a habit so on an everyday bases I call him huckleberry and ranger Rick mostly. Now he's my "friend".
It's been 2 years that Lucas has been here. We became closer. Shawn but me some new clothes that I think Lucas will like.
Our year books came and people being people had done something that changed us. Farkle was most likely to be Farkle and Riley was most likely to smile herself to death. Lucas and I were voted cutest couple, even though we were not dating. I had to play along like I didn't like it, but inside I loved it.
       A couple of weeks later Zay told me about Lucas falling off of a sheep and ruining their family name. I felt bad so I signed him up to ride the sheep, but I accidentally signed him up to ride a bull. We all went to Texas to support him. He complimented me once he saw me in a blue outfit.

      The next day he was riding the bull

      The next day he was riding the bull. I wasn't worried cause a bull was just a man cow. I saw a man ride that man cow and fear struck over me. He can not ride that death machine. I told him if he rides the bull I'm never speaking to him again. He rode the bull and Riley checked up on me. She found out. She found out I liked him. Later in that night we went down to a BBQ place and  then we came back to a campfire. We sat in front of the fire and Riley put me on blast. Now Lucas knows. I tried making it seem like she was lying. He kept looking at me, then we talked. He asked me why I made of him. I told him it was because he was easy to make fun of. I called him huckleberry, ranger Rick, and I ha-hurred him. Then he grabbed my face and almost kissed me. I refused it i don't know why but I did.

He seemed confused I would be too. I admitted I liked him. About 3 days later we were back in New York. Now everything was weird.

    It's Going to be New Years tomorrow.
The Matthews threw a New Years party. A minute 'til midnight we went to the roof. I stood by Lucas and since it was New Years I was going to give home that kiss he wanted in Texas. Fireworks went off and Lucas and I looked at each other. Just as I was going to make a move Farkle had made announcement. He announced that Riley was still in love with Lucas. My Lucas, the Lucas I'm in love with, the Lucas I finally had a chance with? That's it I'm done trying he is in love with her by now he will never feel the way I feel.
        We didn't talk for a couple of days and then he snuck into my room at like 11:00 at night.

       I asked him what he was doing

       I asked him what he was doing. He told me he needed to talk. He explained that he was confused with his feelings. He liked me and Riley and he would decide soon. Great! Now I'm in a love triangle!

          Months went by. We took a field trip in fall to the Mount Sun Lodge. Josh was there I knew it was going to end badly. First day went pretty good. The second day was a total disaster. I felt like I got hypnotized by Josh. He kept talking to me and giving me signs that he liked me. Then, I looked into his big brown eyes and blurted
     "I don't like Lucas like that."
Why! Why, did Josh have to come? 
        After that still feeling hypnotized I went to Lucas and sent him to Riley once again. Now I have to deal with the fact that the guy I love is with my best friend. This sucks.

 This sucks