--------

"But you know...we could really never be" - Worick started

"Oh" - she replied in a disappointing voice or maybe it was something Worick just assumed. "You're right" - she finally finishes laughing it off and glancing up at the blonde. "Just friends"

She was always just a friend.
Someone who he could call anytime he needed that friend or for better words, that one person who had no strings attached to him.
Someone who was willing to give their body without giving their heart.
Of course in his work, Worick could find plenty of women but not someone that he actually sought out for sex, usually it's the exact opposite. But with her it was different. She was completely fine with being just a night friend.

How foolish of Worick to think that it would actually work in his favor.

As she got dressed to leave one morning, all he did was reach over and grab her hand gently.

"Leaving so soon?" - he asked

"What are you talking about? It's 1 in the morning? you know I never stay the night" - she says

"Aha, right" - Worick laughs darkly. "Hey...um.."

"Hm?"

She turns to glance over at him, her eyes slicing into his very soul.

"Just stay tonight, it's ok" - he tells her but she just scoffs it off "I'm serious"

"What's with you? You know how this works" - she replies back to him

"Well, I mean it's pretty dark outside and what if something happens to you?" - he teases her

"And when did you start caring about how dark it is outside?" - she adds on which comes off harsher than expected "I've left at darker times so you don't have to worry about me Worick" - she says trying to lighten up the mood. "But thank you. Go back to sleep I'll be fine. Good night"

"Good night."

And all Worick could do was watch her leave him again. They were just friends. Did he forget? He was the one who instilled that into both their brains.

Or maybe for him that was a way for nobody to get close to his heart. To end up carrying a curse like Marco? No. He would never.

Another night and she comes over.

"Did you cook?" - she laughs

"Just thought I'd make something since you said you hadn't eaten yet" - he says twirling his spatula "Not only am I great at sex, but I am quite a practical chef if I do say so myself"

"Ha. Ha. Worick" - she teases wrapping her arms around his neck as she leans upwards to kiss him only to have Worick place a hand on her lips.

"I was wondering if we could do it a little different tonight" - he states to her

"Like what?" - she asked confused assuming he wanted to try something kinkier than she was willing to do.

"Let's I don't know...actually relax, read a book, eat dinner with me." - Worick states "just that"

"What do you mean just that?"

"I meant...let's not have sex tonight." - Worick corrects.

"Really? That's actually...it actually sounds nice? I didn't think you'd like doing that stuff" - she replies happily which gives his heart ease.

"Eh, well..sometimes sex just gets boring plus work wore me out a little" - he lied

"No, sure that's ok!" - she says with so much excitement and maybe in his mind that meant maybe they were finally getting somewhere other than sex. Maybe she'll read this sign as a signal that he wanted more than just sex from her.