Long train ride

Jamie and Eddie were riding a train for a weekend getaway and they were just sitting and enjoying the ride when, "I've always wanted to kiss a cute guy on a train." Eddie said.

"Wait what?!?" Jamie was shocked.

"Yeah. I've always wanted to, and looks like you're it. No other cute guys around here." Eddie said.

Jamie looked around, then back back at Eddie who was looking at him rather expectantly. "Pucker up Reagan!" Eddie exclaimed.

"What? No way!" Jamie protested.

"What's wrong?" Eddie asked.

"What's wrong? Sigh... we're partners for starters." Jamie replied.

"So? I like you, you like me, what's the problem?" Eddie paused. "Oh... so that kiss really was a mistake for you." She said, feeling really hurt.

"I never said that. Don't get all defensive. I don't want to kiss you and have it be just kissing." Jamie explained.

"It was never just kissing with me." Eddie said.

"Then prove it. Prove to me you want this as much as I do. Let's get new partners." Jamie said.

"Fine new partners it is. Now can I kiss you?" Eddie asked in annoyance.

"Is that all you're thinking about?" Jamie asked.

"Right now it is." Eddie replied.

Jamie let out a sigh. He hesitantly leaned forward and closed his eyes. 'Am I really ready to let her have my heart?' Jamie thought internally.

His thoughts were silenced, when he felt Eddie press her lips against his. He was a little surprised by the kiss but he smiled, and eagerly kissed her back. It was the kind of kiss, much like their first one but without the guilt and denial after. When they broke for air, she laced their hands and said "You're mine for keeps Reagan."

"Well then same here." he said back.

They both smiled at each other and leaned in for another kiss. They were so entirely happy together, and didn't much care about the consequences, that they would no doubt be facing when they got back. "What made you change your mind?" Eddie asked, after a few minutes of silence.

Jamie thought carefully about his answer before replying "I'm done waiting and watching you to force yourself to date other people, because we're partners. I want to be with you and this feels right."

"This does feel right. Let's say I hated when you dated that doctor. That I was really glad things didn't work out with you two. I think I've liked you, since before our kiss that one night." Eddie admitted.

"I've liked you, probably since the moment I met you, or just shortly after that. It was this instant connection, and I just knew you were the one." Jamie confessed.

Eddie squeezed his hand and kissed him briefly, before saying "Aren't we quite the cheesy pair."

"Hey I'm offended!" Jamie exclaimed pretending to be hurt.

"You are?" Eddie said but it sounded more like a question.

"I'm trying to be romantic with you and it's not being appreciated." Jamie said.

"I actually really appreciate it. Thank you. You always treat me well and look after me. I will always love you for that." Eddie said but quickly put her hand over her mouth. 'What did I say? Oh my gosh he's going to think it's too soon.' Eddie thought internally.

"I love everything about you." Jamie said startling her out of her thoughts.

"What did you say?" Eddie asked, hoping he would repeat himself.

He did. "I said, I love everything about you."

Eddie started to tear up and Jamie got a concerned look on his face. Eddie smiled and said "These are happy tears. I'm really happy because of what you said."

"I'm glad. Let's enjoy our vacation together, and tell my dad when we get back." Jamie said.

"Sounds like a plan." Eddie agreed.

The pair of them enjoyed the rest of their long train ride together, just holding hands and occasionally kissing each other.