Everything but mine

A/N: Song used is Everything but mine by the Backstreet Boys.

Jamie was very frustrated that day. He was thinking about his feelings for Eddie, when their shift ended and they were about to part to change. Jamie reached into his pocket and pulled out his iPod. He selected a song and pressed pause. He handed it to Eddie, headphones attached and said "Press play when you get in the locker room. Listen to the song I picked."

Eddie gave him a confused look, but said "Okay. I'll see you in a bit.", before walking into the women's locker room.

Eddie put in the headphones and adjusted the volume to a comfortable level, before pressing play. She started changing, when the lyrics got her attention. She sat on the bench and just listened to the song. 'You're everything but mine.' really stood out to her and she was surprised Jamie felt this way about her. She had been hiding her feelings for him for a while, and she had wanted to tell him for a long time.

As the song finished, Eddie smiled and thought about her next move. 'I'm going to go out there and just... I'll just kiss him. I don't care if we get in trouble. I want to tell him how I feel.' She thought, as she turned off the device and finished changing. When she was done changing, she scribbled something on a piece of paper from her notebook and pocketed Jamie's iPod.

Meanwhile Jamie was finishing changing himself, and he couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking. 'Maybe the song was a bit much. Maybe she doesn't feel the same way... Oh gosh what have I done. I can't take it back now. Okay whatever she does or says, I'll just accept it.' Jamie thought to himself, as he locked his locker and left the locker room.

Eddie came out of the women's locker room, and Jamie seemingly made his exit of the men's locker room at the same time. She had a piece of paper in her hand with something written on it. Jamie was nervous, until Eddie walked up to him and kissed him on the lips.

Everyone in the hallway was shocked, and were creating a disturbance so noisy, that it attracted the attention of the Sargent. He stuck his head out of his office and saw the pair kissing. He got angry and went out to stop them.

When Eddie heard Sargent Renzulli clearing his throat, she broke apart from Jamie and handed Sarge the paper. "Come on Jamie let's go." Eddie said and laced their hands, before starting to walk away.

Sargent Renzulli looked at the paper and read it. The paper read 'You can write us up.'."Officer Janko.... You are in big trouble. You too Officer Reagan." Sargent Renzulli said.

Eddie turned around and just said "Oh and Sarge, we're going to need new partners.", before turning back around and leaving with Jamie, hand in hand, a smile on her face.