Caught

Finally finished with getting ready, I take a look at myself.

Silver strapless minidress that flows around my body, metallic heels, and soft pink makeup. My lips were glossy and I had done my hair up in a high ponytail.

I give myself a confident nod and leave my room heading for the stairs. My mind was getting distracted with thoughts of Bruce as always but I try to stop them, especially since I didn't need to be aröused with dad around. Ew.

"SURPRISE!!"

I nearly scream when the 50+ people downstairs all shout at the same time as I'm at the top of the stairs.  They all wear happy grins and I see cameras flashing. My eyes look for Bruce.

"Thank you!" I wave at everyone and plaster a smile on my face. I didn't see him anywhere...

"Congratulations Lexi!" My friends all say as they hug me and take photos.

Being forced to chat with everyone, I try to keep the fake smile on my face and keep a calm air about me as I tune them all out. It was different now, I didn't want to be around all of these people but instead just to be with one person in particular. I would have never guessed that I'd fall for someone like this, where all I think about each day is him, and I'm always waiting for the next time we'll be together.

"Sweetheart don't frown, it causes wrinkles," my aunt Silvia says, coming up to me and giving me a careless hug. Her dyed silver hair, to make her seem older therefore wiser, was up in an elegant up do.

She liked to imagine herself as someone who was very important, popular, and above all. Perfect. When in reality she's had so many plastic surgeries that she's even faker then Barbie.

"Aunt Silvia, I didn't know you'd be here. Dad didn't tell me anything."

She does a small tsk sound and shakes her head. Adjusting the fake fur around her shoulders and making her new boob job even more apparent than before.

"That brother of mine, always forgetting what's important. Maybe if he paid a little more attention things would run smoother around here. Like these God awful place settings, I mean really...."

I had already walked away and was out of range of her insistent blabbering. That woman never knew when to shut up.

Just as I'm about to head back into the party, I hear someone call my name softly and it makes me look behind my shoulder. An immediate smile comes across my face and I run.

"Bruce!"

He grabs me and twirls me around once I'm in his arms. My lips find his and I never want us to separate.

"I'm sorry I was gone, I was getting your present."

"What? But you had said-"

He cuts me off with a kiss that makes my knees shake and I sigh. A kiss that powerful was dangerous.

"Of course I got you something Lexi, I've had it for a while now and your birthday seems like the best chance to give it to you."

"Well, what is it?" I ask, smiling wide. I didn't need anything but it was a bit exciting to know he had thought of me enough to buy me something.

He gently sets me down and his hand goes behind his back. Grabbing something from his pocket.

"Close your eyes baby girl."

I do as he says and bite my lip. Excitement flooding through me.

I feel Bruce move my hair to one side of my shoulder and then something cool touches my skin.

"Open your eyes."

Immediately I look down and see a beautiful blue diamond in the shape of a heart nestled between my collarbones. It glistens under the fluorescent lights and my heart skips a beat, no one had ever given me something this extravagant expect for my father.

"Oh Bruce, thank you," I whisper, my voice sounds like a gasp and I turn around to hug him. Holding on tight while I try not to cry.

"Baby girl it was the least I could do. You deserve this and so much more."

Pulling back, I look up at him with tears in my eyes and I have no doubt that this is the man who I want to be with for the rest of my life.

I raise up onto my tip toes and kiss him deeply. My tongue asking for permission to enter his mouth as I press my body against his, in that one moment not caring about anything but him. My Bruce.

"What did I tell you, Shawn? I knew that girl was up to something the moment she spoke to me. To think it was with your best friend as well."

Aunt Silvia says, accompanied by the one person I wasn't ready for.

My father.

"Take your hands off my daughter Bruce and Lexi, you better have a damn good reason for this," dad says with his eyes fixed onto Bruce and the veins in his neck bulging from anger.

Stranger POV

"Get back here you fücking slüt!" His voice rings out but I don't look back. 

I keep running and pumping my legs for all I'm worth. Panting and trying to breathe so I can keep running until I can get help. I was done being someone's slave.

My chest feels like its on fire and so do my legs. I don't stop running though, not yet. Getting past the pain and continuing.

Just as I'm about to give up and stop, I see the road. Making one last dash towards it, I wave my arms and yell for help at the cars that go by.

One stops and a nice looking couple comes to help me, I fall at their feet with gratitude. Crying as I tell them we need to leave now, there's a bad man after me.

They take me into their car and call the police, asking me where they should take me. I think of my family, how much I have missed them and I can finally be with them again.

"Take me to my family. Please."