7 - Broken Minds

Author's note: Final Chapter! Thanks for reading!

I sat, bored. I was stuck in a mental hospital.

They labeled me 'insane'.

Someone said that I had told a killer I loved him as they drove him to prison.

I did, but that wasn't the point.

I sighed, staring out the window. I glanced at the flavorless lunch they'd brought for me an hour ago. It looked just as delicious as it did an hour ago.

I fidgeted in the hospital bed, wanting to be free of the confined space. There were no colors, and no entertainment.

I yawned and stretched, laying back against the bed. The pillow was warmer than I'd remembered, but I ignored it, falling asleep quickly.

When I opened my eyes, all I saw was red. I then realized there was blood on the ceiling, when a drop fell and landed on my cheek.

Something wet removed it, and I saw that Jeff had licked it off my face. I sat up, rubbing where he'd licked me. "Gross." I complained, sitting up.

"So... we've got a lot to talk about." He said, leaning back onto the bed. I laid my head on his chest, and he stiffened, as if surprised, but then relaxed.

"Yeah." I agreed, my cheeks turning pink.

He dragged his knife along the curve of my back. It felt relaxing. "You... love... me?" He asked, bringing the knife up to rest on my throat. I shut my eyes and trusted him not to cut me as he dragged it across my skin.

I thought about his question. If I said yes, but he didn't feel that way... I don't know what I'd do.

But if I said yes, and he felt the same...

"Yes." I said, confidently. He stopped tracing my skin with the knife.

I looked up, and he was staring blankly at the ceiling. His hand fell to his side, as his breathing evened out.

Had he fallen asleep while I was thinking of a way to answer him?

I brought my face above his, brushing my hair behind my ear. I lowered myself down, until our lips touched.

He bit my lip and pulled me down, then flipped over so that he was on top.

I blushed, as he brought his lips to my neck, then whispered into my ear.

"I love you too, Y/N."