Prologue

Nothing felt real, no emotions swirled in the depths of Ketsueki's conscious. Everything was black and white. There is no grey for her, or beautiful colours any longer. Not since her father left her in the living. Told her to find love and her own future, not the one he set for her years ago. Ketsueki didn't have a choice so she nodded her answer and started walking, not really caring until she stumbled upon a quite little village on the edge of a large town.

  There she met three different boys. Two dark haired and one blonde haired, all three personalities different and unique. She felt drawn to them like a moth to a flame, her fascination of them grew as she watched and spoke to them. The black and grey started to fade and she saw colors for the first time since her father left her to live among the living.

   With them she shed her first tears, first laugh, first jealousy, first everything. And she didn't regret those days anymore then the regrated eating those delicious things called strawberries. Ketsueki grew close to the three of them and shared everything with them, even the fact that she was Death's child and had never seen living beings before until now. She was afraid for the first time as well, afraid that the three boys wouldn't except her. But she had nothing to fear, because the three boys jumped on her and kissed both her cheeks. Telling her that they love her all the same.

   Ketsueki couldn't believe her luck on how she found those three boys, but those happy feelings couldn't last forever. Something had to happen sooner rather than later, and it happened faster then anyone could blink their eyes.

   She could remember that fateful day as if it was yesterday. She, Luffy and Ace were down by their tree fort when something told them that their mate was in trouble. Ace picked her up around the waist and raced as fast as he could to the docks, with Luffy not far behind. Ketsueki knew she was tiny and very petite, but she didn't think she had to be carried like she was glass.

 The three made it to the docks just in time to see their blonde haired nakama get blown to bits by a cannonball, but not before they heard the touching words that left Sabo's lips before he left this world to go back to the one her father ruled. Ketsueki say his eyes lock with her own pale ones before he smiled at her goodbye, because he knew what was about to happen and before her dad showed up and took him away to the land of the dead he mouthed the words 'Take care of them,'.

  She was heartbroken and was left to look like a stringless puppet, but Ace and Luffy took it far harsher then she did. They didn't eat for days, but something changed in them and they became stronger. Leaving Ketsueki to wilt in the guilt of knowing that he was going to die, but she hadn't known when. The thought of telling them this was always in her mind as she watched them get stronger and stronger, but she never told them.

   Until one day. Ketsueki was down by the docks where she saw her nakama, Sabo, die. Ace and Luffy were beside her, each on the other side, as all three dipped their toes in the nice feeling water below. Her mouth was thick and no matter how she swallowed, no saliva would coat her tongue. The words tumbled from her mouth as guilt and depression swallowed her whole, her long silver hair blowing in the wind as she gazed out to sea. As to not see their expressions as she told them she knew their beloved brother was going to die. Ketsueki thought that they would forgive her, because they so easily excepted her about being Death's child, but it still shocks her to this day on how they responded to her news.

   They hated her, hated her with a passion. A passion so strong she left them. Left them after listening to them cuss her out and wish that she was the one to die and not their Sabo. So Ketsueki did what she thought was best. She cut her hair to her shoulders with a dagger and tied it with twine, leaving a massage on how sorry she was and how she wished she was the one who should've died that day not Sabo.

   With a sinking heart Ketsueki left, left the place she called, left the place she started all her memories, left the place she saw colors instead of black and white, and left the place she fond the meaning of the words love and nakama.

   Ketsueki left as a heartbroken, stringless puppet but without having been hated by the two people she thought would always love her. Ketsueki wouldn't have become the powerful, heartless pirate she is to this day. A pirate the World Government feared and hoped to never meet in person, and a pirate that all pirates out their either worshiped her or feared her.

Ketsueki is now a force to be wreck'n with, not to mention she's only fourteen.