19.|•nineteen•

"You are the love that came without warning you had my heart before I could say no"

        CHAPTER NINETEEN

Autumn, still unable to stand, decided to sit up. Finally getting into the right position just in time for Murphy to storm back inside.

He crabbed her chin roughly, kissing her again, this time more forcefully, more passionate, neither one could ever get enough.

That is, until Connor whistled from the doorway.

Murphy shot away from Autumn like she had rabies, looking at his brother, dumbfounded. "I'm sorry, this is my doing, not hers"

"You both seemed pretty into it" Connor chuckled, "No matter brother, she is not mine" he waved him off.

"What do you mean she is not yours? When did that happen?" Murphy asked, finally taking a seat.

"Never was," he pointed between them, "but really, congratulations on...whatever was happening out here"

"She was never your girlfriend and you let me believe she was?" Murphy asked, a hint of anger in his voice.

"I don't want your lecture, you just had your tongue down her throat when you thought she was with me, tell Mr nothing of loyalty" Connor warned.

Though Murphy wanted to argue, he couldn't. Connor was right.

All that he could think about was kissing Autumn again, the way she sat there so fragile, her lips swollen from his outburst.

She had him wrapped around her finger from the day they had met, and he was only now willing to admit it.

"Autumn" he addressed, "A word?"

She nodded, using the couch to stand, finding herself still dizzied from her head Injury.

She followed Murphy as best she could, sitting down before him on the fire escape.

"I won't take it back" he told her, sure that was what she wanted him to do.

"Neither will I" she said, leaning in and touching her lips to his lightly, she couldn't be close enough.

She had felt a strange pull toward him, in everything he did, ever since the night they had met.

She pulled away, waiting for him to speak.

He smiled instead.

"So what do we do from here?" Autumn asked, unsure of what to call her relationship with Murph.

"How about i take you out tomorrow and we go from there" He said, never losing his signature smile.

"Oh, I don't know" she joked, I have horrible luck with dates"

"Not with the luck of the Irish on your side" He assured her.

*

Autumn was extremely excited about her date with Murphy, even though they had both had to listen to Connor gripe about being alone.

He had attempted at least twenty times to tag along.

But Murphy was having none of his guilt tripping.

Autumn simply ignored him, continuing to do her hair.

When she was finished she turned the bathroom light off, following the sound of voices to the living room.

Connor threw his hands up, "oh, look at this, you guys are really going huh? Murph can you handle this by yourself?"

Murphy ignored him, taking in Autumns appearance. She looked stunning in her red dress her hair was straight and neat down her back.

She wore makeup, but not too much, the tiny tattoo on the top of her foot showed above her shoe, and Murphy found himself squinting to read it.

"Bèati Bellicosí?" He read aloud.

"What? Oh my tattoo? Yeah, I got that in honor of you two actually" She smiled proudly, "It means blessed are the warriors, got it the day after you saved me"

"Glad to see we made an impact" Connor said, having a look at the tattoo himself.

"Let's, uh go" Murphy said, hurrying Autumn outside and to the car.

He held her door, closing it behind her before getting in himself.

He took her into a crowded restaurant and she could tell he had tried really hard.

The place was quite crappy, but she pretended to love it.

"It doesn't look like much but the food is good" He said sliding into the booth.

"Bring girls here often?" She joked with a smirk.

He shook his head "Only Connor"

They both laughed, only quieting down when the waitress showed up to take their order.

She smirked at Murphy, taking his order first.

When he was finished she turned to Autumn, "and for your sister?" She asked with a fake smile.

"I'll have a steak, or some bread, cake maybe? Anything with a sharp knife will do" Autumn have her a sarcastic smile.

"Or perhaps my girlfriend and I should eat somewhere else" Murphy suggested catching on.

"Fuck food, let's get shit faced" She smiled, standing up and flipping the waitress the bird.

Murphy smiled shaking his head "I knew there was a reason I liked you"

An: Getting there

Predictions?

         Vote & Comment