Three

"Remus." Florence smiled as Remus sat next to her.

"Good to see you again." Remus replied.

"Remus, this is Catalina."

"Nice to meet you, Remus." Catalina smiled. Her hair was now back to its purple color.

"Potter, James." The boy with the glasses walked up. The hat barely touched his head before it shouted,

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"Now they're both competition." Florence mumbled.

The next morning, Florence and Catalina walked into the Great Hall for breakfast. There she found Remus talking to the two boys.

"Hello, Remus." Florence greeted, sitting next to him.

"Hi, Florence." Florence looked at the two boys.

"James and Sirius, isn't it?"

"Forget James, how about it just becomes Sirius and Florence." Sirius remarked.

"Oh?" Florence leaned over and grabbed a spoon of scrambled eggs. She then launched them at Sirius, nailing him in between the eyes.

James and Remus burst into laughter. Catalina, who was also laughing, had a issue where her hair turned yellow. Before anyone noticed she quickly concentrated and returned it to purple.

"Well, Sirius, it seems like you and those eggs have something going on." James cackled.

The rest of the day was spent taking classes. All Florence really wanted to do was run. She wanted to run and run and run. Yet, she decided she'd wait till morning so she didn't go to dinner smelling like a dead animal.

As Florence and Catalina made their way down the hall, they ran into a Slytherin. A Slytherin girl with dark hair and a smirk.

"Well, little first years. Are you two lost?"

"No, we aren't." Florence snapped.

"Feisty." The Slytherin laughed.

"What do you even want?" Catalina asked.

"Like there's anything you could even get me. You both just seem very confident."

"Sylvia, leave the first years alone. You pester them every year. Even when we were first years you did." The two Gryffindors turned to see who speaking.

A Ravenclaw girl stood there. Her honey colored hair fell down her back in curls while her grey eyes swirled with ideas. Around her neck was silver necklace with an infinity sign. She looked at Sylvia with a stern expression.

"Anna, can't you just mind your own business?"

"I ask you the same question! So leave these two Gryffindors alone and go play with your Hufflepuff friend." Sylvia rolled her eyes and walked away. The Ravenclaw looked at Florence and Catalina.

"I'm sorry about that. That's Sylvia, she's sort of a jerk. I'm Anna Douglas."

"Florence Anderson, and this is Catalina Arkson."

"Hi." Catalina waved.

"I saw you two at the sorting last night."

"What year are you in?" Catalina asked.

"I'm a third year." Anna smiled.

"Oh, sweetheart!" Anna rolled her eyes.

"And that voice you hear is Ben Kellner, just like you he's Gryffindor, but an annoying one."

"Is he your boyfriend?" Florence asked. Anna looked offended.

"Him? Merlin no!" Ben came up and put his arm over her shoulders.

"Why'd you walk away so fast this morning?" He asked. Anna pushed his arm away.

"Can't you just stay away from me! You're like obsessed with me!" Anna scoffed and walked away.

"Hey, I'm not obsessed. You are!" Ben growled, waking after her.

"Well, Anna seems nice," Catalina remarked," Ben just seems stupid."

"Ben, just leave me alone!" Anna snapped at him.

"Hey, just say please."

"PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE! You big creep." Ben placed his hand over his heart as Anna walked away.

"Ouch." He whispered.

"Are all Slytherins like that?" Catalina wondered as the entered the common room after dinner.

"I mean, they can't all be bad."

"Who?" Sirius asked from a couch.

"Slytherins."

"No, all of them are bad. That whole house is bad news." He said shaking is head.

"You're bad news." Florence shot back. Sirius gave her a smile.

"But you love me."

"No, I don't." Florence said, shaking her head.

"I barely know you." Catalina told Sirius.

"That could change." He said winking. Catalina grimaced.

"No thanks, I'm good."