O n e

Listen to the song while reading. It will make you 'feel' the story more(?)

-------------------- • ----------------------

What is happening to me.. Where am I..? It's so dark I can't even see my hands..

A certain someone named Kurusu Syo, who was being trapped in a place where it's pitch black, thought to himself. Suddenly, there was a melody. A slow and gentle melody can be heard from where that person is.

Piano..?

He thought to himself as he followed the tunes, trying to find out where the source is coming from and he came across a window.

...Why is there a window out of nowhere..?

He pushed it open with force and before he realized what had happened to him, he was already falling into that glass window. Bright lights blinded his eyes even if they are closed as he fell.

What is this place..? It's so warm.. And bright..

Falling deeper, going further and further away from that opened window, he regretted opening it. Is he going to a place called the 'Afterworld'? Suddenly, his body landed on something.. Soft and fluffy.

What's this..? Afterworld.. Is suppose to be dark and.. Hard.. But..

He opened his eyelids, exposing his clear blue sky pupils as they explore it's surroundings. His blonde hair with shades of pink highlights fluttered in the air as he froze in his position for awhile. He looked down to see a big yellow stuff toy that saved his life. A toy shaped of a bird.

What it this.......-thing..?

He got out from the fluffy animal toy as something caught his eyes. A familiar girl with (hair colour) coloured (hair length) hair with (eye colour) eyes is staring at him as he was getting down, a smile on her face.

Who is she? Why is she smiling at me..? She looks familiar.. I-I can't feel anything..

He placed his right hand on his chest, where he thought his heart would be but there aren't any beats.. It felt hollow.. Just then, the girl walked towards the blonde gracefully and took his hand in hers, placing it on her chest area.

'Ba-dump...'

Heartbeat can be felt in there.. He looked at her, utterly confused. "What are you trying to say..?" He asked, hand still feeling the calm poundings of her heart. She just gave the boy a gentle smile and immediately, he caught on. The heartbeats that he is feeling now is his.. His heart that used to beat inside of him is in another person's body?

What is happening..?!

Syo is able to feel emotions but he couldn't feel his pulse nor his heart. It is not in him. When the girl releases his hand slowly, Syo let it drop to his sides as he stared at the girl.

This is wrong isn't it? Is this a dream?

He looked at his surroundings. It's dark everywhere except that there's light coming in through the window. If Syo recalled correctly, there wasn't any light at the other side of the window where he came from. The blonde picked up his hat that was lying on the ground and dusted it before adjusting it on his head.

There's a piano here.. Is this where the melody that I heard came from...?

There was a piano in the middle of the place. It looks like a space in a big tree. Vines of trees can be seen on the wall and it's green and damp. "Where am I.." He asked himself out loud. The place felt cold as there's hardly any sunlight.. Only the window that shines the light down to the piano like a spotlight.

Why would there be a piano here for..?

The (hair colour) haired girl made her way to the piano and lifted up the covers, revealing the black and white keys of the piano. That music instrument looks old but still in top shape. She then pressed down a key, filling the space with a single sound. She closed her eyes as she started playing a song.

It started really upbeat and happy in the beginning but the ended with a sad tone. Syo started to hum along with the tunes of the music, making up lyrics as he hums. The female heard his beautiful voice and the smile on her face shone brighter. Without even looking at her, he smiled too. Well, they are connected to each other by the heart after all.

Her songs are so gentle...

After singing, Syo still has the smile on his face. The female was still sitting on the stood of the piano with her eyes closed. "...!" He realized that he doesn't know her name. "E-Excuse me." He called out for the girl. She opened both of her eyes slowly as she look up to the blonde. "?" She tilted her head to the side.

Can she speak..?

"What's your name?" He asked with a gentle yet excited voice. She flinched by the loudness of his vocals and slowly shook her head from side to side to signal him that she does not have a name. He thought for a while before he came into a decision.- Why not just name her after his favorite toy?

"May I give you a name?" He asked another question. She thought for a while before nodding happily. "(Your name)" He suggested. Her eyes widened for a good few seconds before nodding her head. She really loves that name. Syo gave her a grin before he looked at the piano.

"Hm.? Why is there something growing from the ground behind the piano." He observed the mysterious thing from a distance before chuckling as (your name) peeped behind Syo. "It's a small little two leaves plant. But there's something weird about this plant.. It's moving on it's own. No.. It's more like dancing and swaying from side to side at it's spot.

"It's a dancing plant! Maybe it'll grow if we play more music and maybe I will be able to go back up to where I came from..." He pointed up to the opened window. (Your name) looked up to where he pointed and smiled indicating that she will play more music just to make the plant grow and that he will be able to go back to where he came from.