15. A house in Hogsmeade

Harry, Ron and Ginny were sitting in the Gryffindor common room. Ginny's head was lying on Harry's shoulder. Her eyes were closed. So much had happened in the short space of the last two days. Voldemort was dead and their was a future for all of them again.

Harry could finally openly be with her. There was no need to hide any longer. She smiled to herself, she would enjoy that. For a moment there was the thought fluttering through her mind, if Ron would be getting together with Hermione. He had told herthat she had kissed him at the height of the battle. It was clear to Ginnythat he wouldn't mind having her as his girlfriend. Though then Professor McGonagall had appeared and Hermione had rushed off to speak to somebody.

She frowned. How could she have been so stupid! If he was still alive, she would rush to his side in an instant. And he was alive. She had seen him in the Great Hall with his parents. She had also witnessed three aurors arresting his father for his involvement with Voldemort. They had had no interest in his mother or Draco though. Which on the face of it was a bit odd. Then again, there might be good reasons for that as well.

She rubbed the top of her head gently against the black hair of her Chosen One. His hand tenderly stroked over her arm. Ginny could see the argument between Draco and his mother shortly after they had taken his father away. She had heard him shout that his life was not worth living without her and then he had stormed from the Hall.

"... I really wonder where she has got to."

She realised that she hadn't really paid attention to what her brother had been saying.

"Hm?"

"Hermione. Where is she?"

"With her husband."

Ginny slapped her hand over her mouth. She hadn't indented to say that out loud. Ron and Harry looked at her as if she had suddenly grown two heads.

"What do you mean her husband? She doesn't even has a boyfriend."

Ron's voice was somewhat agitated. He had hopedthat he could have a go with her after that kiss earlier. He had been there for her all those days on end when she had been crying at Shell Cottage. How could she suddenly have a husband of all things?

"What so you mean, Ginny?" Harry asked.

He had turned around to face her which meant she couldn't hide on his shoulder any longer.

"Has she told either of you that there was somebody special in her life?"

The guys looked at each other.

"She said something about a Slytherin." Harry volunteered.

"Yeah, she told me as well that it was one of the snakes."

Ginny looked at them. They both knew it was a Slytherin. Good. At least that wouldn't come as a surprise.

"The thing isthat they got together during fifth year, and close to the end of sixth year they... got married."

Disbelieving stares were the only answer to this.

"It is not really official yet, but they didn't have any other choice. His parents would probably have made him kill her, if they had known."

"They are Death Eaters?!" Ron screamed.

Ginny rolled her eyes.

"His father is, is mother isn't. He will rot in Azkaban, just as he deserves."

"How can she get involved with the son of a Death Eater! That's just vile!"

"Ron, stop ranting, for Merlin's sake. She hasn't chosen..."