10. I didn't want him to tell anybody

"Hermione?"

Soft fingers were gently caressing her cheek. She didn't want to wake up. If she woke up, she would have to face the fact that she had to go back; back to Gryffindor Tower, to being a student, to not having that wonderful person...

She blinked. Draco smiled at her. She smiled back and sighed. Life could be so wonderful... Could!

"What time is it?" she mumbled.

"Early. Don't worry. We still have some time, before we need to get back."

He had propped himself up on his left elbow in order to be able to watch her sleepy face. She looked peaceful, content.

"I don't think, I want to go back, Draco."

His smile broadened.

"Neither do I."

He leant down and kissed her tenderly. Her left hand ran through his already ruffled hair.

"But we must, Precious." he whispered against her lips.

She looked into his light grey eyes. They were filled with love.

"I'm afraid..." she breathed against his cheek.

"Why? You are strong, determined and resourceful. Why would you be afraid? You are the smartest witch I know. Nothing is impossible for you."

She looked at him. He meant every word. She sighed.

"I'm afraid of what they will be doing to you, Draco. Your life is permanently in danger and I can't do anything to help you. I can't even let on, that I don't despise you. It's so hard..."

He kissed her again.

"I know. But as long as you are safe, I will survive. I will come for you. Even if it takes me some years to find you, I will. I will find you and then..."

His right hand slowly caressed its way from her knee upwards. He could feel her shiver.

"Just imagine what I'm going to do with you, when I'll have you just for myself..."

Draco smiled to himself as he saw her blush.

"Hmmm. So coy this morning? I remember you being hell bent on..."

His witch pulled him down and used a slow, lingering kiss to shut him up. He all too willingly gave in and let himself be drawn onto her warm body.

He tried desperately to shut out the knowledge of what he would have to do. He wanted to stay here. Here, where he had this wonderful young woman with him, where there were no Death Eaters and where Lord Voldemort couldn't touch her. The pain, his knowledge caused him, finally overwhelmed him and he started to sob.

Hermione didn't dare ask what had suddenly made him cry, as she knew enough to comprehend that he couldn't tell her. So she just held him in her arms, gently stroked his back and hummed into his hair.

When he finally looked at her again, his eyes were red and his cheeks were wet with tears. She just smiled at him. Then she very tenderly kissed him.

"I know this sounds... weird, but I am glad that you can cry with me." she whispered.

He sighed and just looked at her.

"I would have never thought that I would ever allow myself to show this kind of weakness... in front of anybody really."

She grinned.

"Lucky for you, I'm not everybody."

He smiled shyly.