Love's Complicated - Chapter 5

That's Brittany ---->

Disgust crawled over Aden's skin when he got home and heard his father and a women upstairs. Anger crept into his veins, and he ran up to grab a pair of swimming shorts before changing and walking up to his dad's bedroom door.

“You're chickens burning.” Aden called out and walked back down the stairs and out the door, but not before hearing his father curse at him.

Reaching the beach, Aden stripped off his shirt and ran into the water, feeling the cold water placate him. He swam for several minutes, working out his frustrations and anger towards his dad. When he emerged from the water, a huge husky dog was waiting by his towel, wagging it's tail. Aden smiled, patting the dog on the head before a familiar voice called out to it.

“Storm! God you are the most annoying dog!” Tally shouted from further up the beach, and Aden grinned at her.

“I like him.” Tally shook her head, clutching a dog lead. “You can have him. I told the brute to sit once. He cocked his leg and piddled on the priests daughter.”

Aden laughed, and Tally joined in. When she reached him, they wandered along the beach

“Aden?”

“Yeah?”

“Please don't make Avery another girl on your belt.” Aden stared at her. “I've seen you two together, you're like magnets. Please, don't make her another Brittany.”

Aden already knew she meant more than Brittany. Much more.

“Is this like the threat talk from the dad, except you're doing it?”

Tally smiled. “Kind of, I guess. Look, just don't do anything stupid with her.” Tally walked off when Aden stopped, and he had a feeling she was warning him off one thing he wanted most. And that just made him want it more.

“Hippo's? What do hippo's have to do with Brittany?” Avery asked at her locker as Tally fumed beside her.

“She's going to look like one soon! One day, those protein drinks and celery will backfire, and that ass will be Texas!” Tally was furious, and Avery would be too, if someone told her she needed to become a size 8.

“But you're only a size 10.” Avery frowned, and Tally nodded. “I know! And at least I have a figure! She's like a stripper pole!”

“Tally, calm down.” Avery laughed, and Tally audibly growled.

“Okay. Fine. I'll see you in chem. We're going grocery shopping after school.” Tally said, still angry, but Avery knew she'd relax later. At least she was right about the figure thing.

Walking into history, Avery saw the girl herself and a wave of jealousy swam through her, before she squelched it. Brittany was pretty much lap dancing her history partner. Oh god, she couldn't believe she was thinking all possessively.

“Hey, Brittany?” Avery said when she reached the table, and Aden shot his head up, his eyes slightly distressed. Help me, they seemed to be saying.

“What?” She snapped, wrapping her arms around Aden's shoulders. He cringed.

“Why did you tell Tally she needed to lose weight?”

“Because, she does. Duh.” Brittany rolled her eyes and giggled at Aden, who frowned at her.

“No, she doesn't."

“Really? You look like you could lay off the pop-tarts too, Woods. They seem to be growing on your hips.” Avery smirked. She was normally a size 8 – 10.