No one....I repeat....NO one...would ever hurt HIS little rose....He'd tear them apart if they did....

Gene was although confused...why was he so obsessed with Zane and this black rose? Just yesterday, all he wished for was for the little pest to just go away and never speak to him ever again....was it the truth behind why Zane was like this? Was it because he saw through his black veil? Perhaps there was poison in those thorns? Or maybe....was it some other sensation? Want? No...he had no sexual need for anyone, and clearly if he did it wouldn't be Zane of all people. Maybe it was pitty? Did he feel bad for the Emo kid enough, to develop a caring personality for him, now that he knew what he was going through..? It might be that....or was it...Gene moved his head down and looked down at Zane's face. He had shifted so now he was laying on his back in Genes arms, his cheek against his chest as he rested. Only his eye was open and staring at the ground, waiting for something to happen or for Gene to speak...that was it. Gene saw just how he compared to the black rose...so dark and mysterious looking...but he had the hint of elegance and with how the dim dissapearung moonlight reflected off of his skin and hair..like freshly watered rose pellets...Plus there really wasn't any other bad thing about his look. Sure his left eye and mouth wasn't seen, but that dreamy dark expression, and that heart stopping eye...Gene felt his heart flutter, just looking over the beautiful Emo teen. Gene found his reason for taking care of this beautiful rose...He saw the beauty he bared...and I tell ya, Gene had a thing for darker things. He chuckled lightly, shifting and holding the teen closer.
"You hungry..?"
"Why..?"
"Because." Zane growled angrily, making Gene smirk and shutter unnoticeably. His growl was deep, unlike his squeaky stuffy voice. But he seriously wanted to get some food in HIS little roses system. He stood up and began to stand his little rose up as well.
"Can you walk?"
"Y-Yea...Balto didn't hurt or break my legs..." Zane grunted and stood up, but took notice of how he was covered in bandages, other than his broken nose of course.
"Did you..?"
"Yup."
"Why..?"
"Because."
"Of course...." Zane groaned and got a bit flustered, but dusted himself off neverless...but he whined cringed, holding his nose with his hands. Gene knew he'd need to put it back into place if it was gonna heal...it didn't look very different, it was just all bruised and bloody, not to mention a little disfigured.
"Hey Zane, guess what?"
"Hu? What?"
"Boop-" Gene reached up and suddenly grabbed his nose, and with a single flick of his wrist and the disgusting cracking sound, he snapped Zane's nose back into place. The gothic teen didn't take it very well though...he screamed out in pain and once Gene removed his hand, he covered his nose and gave whines of pain. Gene sighed and chuckled, patting the painfilled teens back and rubbing his large hand in circles on it to calm him down.
"You're alright...you'll be fine..."
"WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT!!!??"
"If I hadn't put it back in place, it wouldn't heal and it'd keep stinging everytime you touch it. It'll bleed a lot also. Oh, I mean...because~" Gene chuckled again, much to the gothic teen's frustration.
"Alright come on, Rose...lets go get some breakfast. I'm sure since it's the last few days of school the people there won't notice." Gene patted his rose on the head before leaning down and picking up the little flower pot. Zane looked to the little black rose curiously and blinked.
"Hmm..? Wait, what did you call me?!" Gene was off walking before Zane could even finish. But the gothic teen was confused...Gene seemed to have that rose in the locker room too...but he felt...odd about it...
---------(At Hotcat Shop *wink wink* ) ------------

"Ok, what are you ordering?" Gene asked, picking up a menu and pretending to scan over it. He already knew what to order...he just wanted to make Zane feel a little less awkward. Zane was used to skipping school, but not going out to eat while skipping...
"Gene..?"
"Coffee?"
"Eh? Ew no...you drink coffee?"
"Yup, I take it black..-
"Just like my soul...!?"
"Just like my soul...!?" The two looked up from the table and menu, Gene cocking an eyebrow while Zane looked away with a hidden blush, thanks to his mask of course. Gene shrugged though and tapped on Zane's menu.
"You're eating, now tell me what you want."
"Uhm..." Zane nervously looked at the menu. His mother never really let him or his other two brothers eat a lot of fast food due to the price and quality of the food...add that to the fact he had never been in that restaurant before...
"A-Ah....um..."
"....Oh, morning." Gene looked up as a rather pretty waitress walked up to the table with a perky smile despite the early morning. The girl was quite busty, and had deep blood colored hair that was up in a pony tail. She smiled sweetly and closed her...multicolored eyes?
"Morning boys~! Can I start you out with some drinks?"
"He'll have milk, and I'll have Coffee please, no milk."
"So black?"
"Yup." The waitress smiled sweetly and nodded, before looking back down at the two from her notepad.
"Would you like order some appetizers or all now?"
"We still need some time deciding...just some toast will do-"
"G-Gene...?" The junior blinked and looked over to his 'date' and tilted his head. Zane blushed and looked up to the girl.
"C-Can we also get biscuits alongside with the toast...? And hi Andy..."
"Huh? Oh Zuzu!" The waitress grinned and leaned down a bit to Gene's rose, making him tense up at someone being so close. Although Zane didn't seem to mind, he smiled sweetly up at her.
"You work today?"
"Yea-Wait..." The woman now known as Andila, from her name tag, glared at Gene's rose.
"Why aren't you in school, Zane Ro'Meave?" Zane cringed at his full name being mentioned, and sighed softly.
"Bullies..."
"Oh...well. The food is on the house sweetie, hope your nose feels better...here...~" Andila smiled soflt and picked up a napkin, leaning over and gently brushing some blood from the gothic teens nose. Zane tensed up and squeaked timidly, a cute goofy...well it was hard to tell if he was smiling, but he looked like a fanboy. Andila then looked to Gene and blinked, giving him a playful wink, before walking off to get their drinks. Gene...was NOT happy....not one bit...He felt the hair stand up on the back of his neck, something that happened when he got pissed. He turned to his blushing rose and glared a bit.
"You know that girl?"
"Uh yea, I've know her for a few years now. She's reaaaaally sweet and nice...She's a few years older than me, so she used to baby sit me when I was a toddler." Gene narrowed his eyes, fiddling with a sugar packet to try and calm down.
"How old are you? And her?"
"Me? I just turned sixteen...and she's almost Nineteen...." Gene didn't take his eyes off of his rose...and it was kinda making Zane a little uncomfortable...those dark teal eyes could be so soothing and calming...but how they were threatening and angry.
"You like her?"
"U-Uh..?! No...She has a boyfriend." Zane cocked an eyebrow as the older junior sighed in relief and laid his head on the table.
"Thank goodness...who's her boy?"
"Some British kid from a different school." Zane shrugged and blinked as Andila came back with their drinks and snacks. She set the drinks in front of their appropriate owners, before setting out the toast and biscuits. Gene grinned and took a sip of his nice hot and...ch-chunky coffee!? He considered spitting it out...right on her dress...but he growled and swallowed, glaring at her.
"M-My coffee is all chunky..."
"Oh! I shall fix that." Andila took the cup and soon came back with a different one, and a more liquidy looking Coffee in it. Zane smiled and waved to Andy.
"Thank you Apple~!"
"Anything for you cutie~" she teased, before taking her leave and flashing Gene a smirk. Gene knew that look...he had seen it from others before...it was a challenge. Gene though looked to his rose and gave a slight soft smile. Zane was happily eating his jelly biscuits and drinking his milk, the first time he had taken his mask off himself and was smiling. It made Gene have an odd warm feeling in his heart...He wondered though...and looked down to the flower that was resting beside him, grinning. The leaves were kinda perked, and the flower wasn't so rough looking. Yet it still looked so frail and droopy. Clearly there was still some healing that needed to be done...Gene narrowed his eyes though...HE would be the one to bloom HIS rose...not some random waitress busty chick...Zane was HIS, and he wouldn't let anyone else have him...He gave Zane a calming sweet smirk, making the other blush and return the smile...before taking a sip of his cold coffee...

"DAMN IT THIS ISNT EVEN WARM!!!"