Zane x Gene Ch.2

Of course well with the bell about to ring in a few minutes, Gene didn't have much time to get Zane out of there and into a hidden place...So well, he had to do the most 'safest' thing, go out the way he came in...through the window. Gene set the smaller Freshman known as Zane on one of the benches, and began to try and open up the locker room window as much as he could. He looked back, but he groaned and practically hit himself in the head. How was he gonna get BOTH of the roses out of here!? Gene took a deep breath, before picking up the Rose in the pot first, and crawling half out of the window. He set it on the ground before he looked to the pale younger teen and picking him up in a bridal style. Now that all three were out, he just needed to figure out how to carry both at the same time...he couldn't leave one here and come back for it-well...maybe he could put the flower in his locker and come back, but wouldn't his mother see Zane? Even then the flower wouldn't have enough air in there...
"Ughh...you're such a pain in my ass kid..." Gene huffed and held the smaller teen in one arm, while holding the small pot in his other hand. He hurriedly ran away from the school just as the bell rung. Now luckily due to it being early in the morning, it was still dark outside, so he had enough cover for about an hour to run home or at least to a hidden place. Of course the shadow Knights had MANY areas of their territory, places no regular student would venture out of fear for their own safety and reputation, it was Zenix and Sasha Gene was worried about...If they saw him babying and carrying this little runt, they would no doubt have tooooo many questions Gene would have to face. But he was just hoping that the two shadow Knights would be inside in the lobby since it was still really early and muggy, even then though he wanted to be careful...he didn't want anyone to know about HIS little rose....Soon, after walking for a few minutes around the border of the school, he came to the soccer field. Gene, Zenix and Sasha came here often to hang out during more warmer days, so Gene had some food and a few bandages tucked away from past use. He set the flower pot on the ground before laying Zane down on the lower step of the bleacher. He cringed, but got to work on trying to bandage and clean up to younger teen. Gene may of been a tough guy, but he was a bit prissy when it came to certain things. He feared bugs first of all, terribly. Every time he'd see a beetle or ant, he'd crush it just to make sure it wouldn't bite him. Don't even get me started about worms or spiders though. But he also didn't like blood too much. He didn't fear it, it just made him uncomfortable in an odd way...but he put his fears aside as he cleaned out the bleeding and bruised wounds, taking special care especially to the bite mark on Zane's arm. Thank fully, Balto didn't seem to bite that hard, at least not hard enough to get any saliva into the wound. THEN he would have a problem, he didn't plan on HIS Rose turning into a wherewolf anytime soon...After the teen was all cleaned up, he began to groan softly, signaling that he was gonna wake up soon. Gene was a bit nervous as to what Zane's reaction would be, yet he kept that cool composure of his and crossed his arms. He had the freshmans head on his lap, so well...s-so he wouldn't hit his head on the hard metal of course!
"Nghhhh....oww..." The teen whined and reached up without opening his eye, holding his what appeared to be broken and bruised nose. Gene tried hard not to give a sigh, that voice was so annoying...it was so squeaky and stuffy, and....cute...
"G-GENE!?" Gene opened his deep dark teal eyes and looked down to see a single icy sky blue staring back, slowly filling with fear. The junior held tight as the freshman began to squirm again. Now...well Gene wasn't really the strongest in the school, he was more...well rounded. But even then, this rose was weakened considerably. He probably hadn't ate nor drank since yesterday morning, and he only got a few minutes of sleep. Gene rolled his eyes at the little emo's weak attempts to get out of his grasp.
"Oh quit it." He ordered, pulling Zane up and closer to where he had Zane in his lap in a spooning position. Once again, the Rose flared out its thorns aggressively. Zane hissed and clawed at the junior...even when weak, the thorns stung quite a bit. But Gene stayed strong and held him closer, digging his hands further into the soil and into the thorned roots. Luckily, the Emo gave up much quicker than he did yesterday, and soon fell limp in Genes arms. Gene smirked a bit and decided to tease him a little.
"Done already? A little bit ago you put bruises all over me, now not even a blood drawing scratch!"
"D-Don't..." Gene blinked, his smirk faultering as Zane leaned over a bit. He had his arms over his head and he clenched his mouth and eye shut...terrified.
"Don't what?"
"D-Don't hurt me...."
"Ughhh stop it you little scrub...look, I ain't hurting you. You're cold, I can feel you shivering, so I'm just warmin you up a bit." Zane blushed like a tomato and once again looked up into those...soothing teal eyes...and relaxed a bit, only to receive a gentle smack in the head.
"Would you quit moving around?" Gene gave an annoyed huff and set his head on top of the freshmans head, making the Emo squeak timidly and blush even more. He didn't understand....just yesterday Gene said that he'd never be friends with him or with the shadow Knights..so why was he cuddling him now...He wanted to ask.
"Why-"
"Because." Gene interrupted, opening his eyes and looking down at the Emo. But Zane was stubborn...and fought back.
"Because why?"
"Because because."
"U-Uh, why did you help me?"
"Because."
"Because why!?"
"Because, that's why."
"B-But yesterday you hated me! Now you're cuddling me!"
"Because."
"E-Eh!? That doesn't even make sense."
"Because." Zane groaned and gave up, giving an angry huff and hiding his face in his mask. Gene smirked and chuckled. He seemed to like making the teen get all flustered and pissed, when he got angry his voice got all squeaky and loud. Not to mention he had a cute pissy Tsundere expression. Gene sighed softly and leaned back a bit, his arms still around the Emo kid and he loosened his grip a little. He was tired from last night...he didn't get mucn sleep after dreaming and thinking of that poor wilted little rose...and then to wake up early at five in the morning to see Zane in that state...he not only was stressed out, but he was also trying his best to try and find ways to deal with this goth. Summer break was coming very soon, in a few days to be certain. Balto and his wolves would no doubt try to hurt Zane....Gene clenched his fists, a knife like sensation of pure protective rage slicing through his calamity.