~~*~~

"Jeez Nova, you're not going to catch up to me like that!" Iris yelled, running farther and farther away from the boy.

Nova was already breathing in heavily, as he tried to run faster to catch up to the blond haired girl,"Iris, wait up!" He pleaded, reaching out a hand for her.  He was so focused on catching his friend, he didn't see the rock jutting out of the ground, making him trip and fall face-flat.

Iris noticed this and stopped running.  With a sigh, she jogged back to Nova who had now sat up.  The boy was hugging his legs to his knees, while he sniffled.  At closer inspection, Iris realized that Nova was on the verge of crying - after noticing the tears beginning to form at the corners of his eyes.

The blond sighed, and sat cross-legged across from Nova.  She stretched out an arm towards Nova and said,"Give me,"

Nova squeezed his legs closer to him,"No..."

Iris glared at the boy, and repeated,"Give.  Me,"

When Nova denied, Iris rolled her eyes then harshly grabbed his hand, flipping it over to show his palm.  On Nova's hand was a small cut, stained with a little bit of blood.  Iris looked around their surroundings for whatever did this to him and found a sharp rock.

Still holding Nova's injured hand, Iris picked up the culprit rock.  She shook her head as she stared at the rock,"Why do they even have rocks like this here?" Throwing the rock behind her, she looked at Nova,"At least you didn't get cut on the head,"

Iris then stood up, dragging Nova up with her.  Walking past Nova, she took the lead and began walking back to the castle.

~~~~~

Once they were in the castle, Iris had rushed Nova to the Healers room.  Upon reaching the room, Iris had locked the door, making sure no one else would enter.

She then began to search around the room.  Nova watched Iris as she scurried around the whole room.  He looked down at his hands, ashamed that he'd let this thing happen to him.  Or worse, let his friend take care of him.

Iris finally returned, placing a cloth bandage, some alcohol and cotton next to Nova.  She took some of the cotton and added a little alcohol it.  Once Nova saw that, his eyes widened as he tried to sneak away, but next thing he knew, Iris had her arms on either side of him.

"Where do you think you're going?" She asked, glaring at the boy.

Nova gulped, and returned to his spot,"Well Iris, don't you think it'll hurt if you put that on my cut?" He asked, a slight whimper evident in his voice.

Iris sighed and rolled her eyes,"Of course it would hurt!  But if we don't clean it, your cut can easily get infected even with the bandage,"

At this, Nova sighed in defeat and gave Iris his injured hand.  The blond set his hand palm-up, gently resting it on her own.  She hovered the alcohol-covered cotton over Nova's injury, but before she placed it on the cut, she looked up at Nova, an evil smile her face.

"You ready?" She asked.  Nova gulped and hesitantly nodded.  Then, without warning, she placed the cotton on Nova's hand.

~~~~~

Throughout the whole castle, the only thing that the castle workers heard were loud screams of pain from Nova.  However, knowing that Nova was with Iris, they didn't question it.