Chapter 1

It was 6am on a Thursday of chilly October morning.

Sara ran down the streets of Central City, late for early shift at Jitters, pushing people and squeezing her way past them.

Only reason she was late was because she didn't have the energy to get out of bed that morning. Due to that because she just had a nasty break up with her girlfriend, Nyssa.

Nyssa and Sara were in a relationship for about 8 months. Sara and Nyssa recently broke up about a week ago. Okay, 5 days, 12 hours, and 31 mintues ago. But who's counting? Not sara. That's for sure.

Sara, at first, was very understanding about giving her girlfriend, Ex-girlfriend, some space. Until she found out Nyssa and her ex-boyfriend, Oliver Queen, got together not even a full 24 hours after the break up.

Sara approached Jitters and found that the door was already unlocked.

She entered finding that there was only an elderly woman sitting at a table reading a book while taking sips from her Jitters mug.

Sara gave the woman a warm smile when she had looked up from her book. Sara than hurried behind the counter towards the back, out of sight, and set her bag down in the break room.

"You're lucky today wasn't a 'Monday Morning Rush' type of day." Sara heard a familiar voice say from behind her.

Sara turned to find a smiling Kendra.

"Tell me about it." Sara sighed while pulling her hair up into a bun. "Thanks for opening up for me."

"No problem. I'm sure eyou would've done the sa-"

"Hello?" Called a voice from the front counter.

Kendra and Sara could hear the bell at the counter ring continuously.

"Anybody here?" The man clearly sounded annoyed.

Sara gave Kendra a desperate stare, not wanting to deal with any rude customers today.

"Nu uh." Kendra shook her head. "I opened up and served the first customer. This one's all yours."

Sara gave an exasperated sigh and pratically stomped all the way to the counter, picking up a pencil and a small notepad on her way.

"Good morning, sir. Sorry for the wait. What would you like today?" Sara said looking down at her notepad, refusing to make eye contact.

"Well, I don't suppose you've been serving a crowd today." He drawled.

His sarcasmatic tone led Sara to lift her gaze away from her notepad and take a look around Jitters, finding it empty. Even the elderly woman from earlier was no longer there.

"Actually today has been quite busy." She said as she finally met his eyes. "So you better order quick."

After meeting his eyes she found that they were very blue. He also had a very defined jawline,pink lips, a faint scar in the middle of his top lip, and a close shaven head.

He wore a open black jacket with a long sleeve dark Blue shirt under it. From where Sara could see he is wearing black pants that fit well to his legs.

The stranger smirked and looked away briefly before looking back at her.

"Well, if it's going to be like that. I'll have a medium iced coffee and mini Caramel frappe."

Sara wrote down his order.

"For here or to go?"

"To go." He said flatly.

"Okay. That'll be $7.62."

Sara watched as his fingers fumbled with his wallet and handed her a ten dollar bill.

"Keep the change." He said as she turned towards the cash register.

"Okay..." Sara than pulled out two Styrofoam cups from under the counter and held a black marker to them. "Name?"

"Leonard."

He made sure to get this distraction as a way to get a closer look at her.

Her eyes we're blue, like his, except hers were more of a darker blue and had sparkles in them. She had long eyelashes, a fair amount of freckles plastered over her cheeks and nose, her golden hair tied up in a messy bun. But still the most breathtaking appearance Leonard has ever seen, she had a green Jitters uniform t-shirt on, her name take read 'Sara'. By the way she was already acting that was all he was going to get out of her, today. Her name.

"You here alone?" He asked nodding his head towards the back room.

Sara turned her body towards the back room and looked back at him. "You're order will be ready in a moment."

"Hey. I'm just trying to make conversation."

"Yeah, I could tell by the way you're staring at my ass." She said and walked out of sight to start the man's-Leonard's-order.

He smirked and took a seat at one of the high tables.

She started up the machine and peeked between them so she can see the broad shouldered man.

Why has she taken such an interstate in the man? She just got out of a relationship. It's not like plenty of attractive people walked into Jitters everyday. So why was this one any different?

"-trouble?" Kendra's voice tugged her away from her thoughts.

"Hu?" Sara tore her eyes away from the man.

"Customer give you any trouble?" Kendra repeated.

"Oh. Not really." Sara poured Caramel onto the top of the frappe's foamed top. "Bit of a smart ass, but luckily I'm an even bigger smart ass."

Kendra looked between the machines to find a tall attractive man sitting at a table and on his phone.

"A hot, moody asshole? Seems your type." Kendra raised her eyebrows.

"Ha ha. Very funny." Sara said dryly as she clicked the caps to the drinks in place. "In case you've forgotten, I've just got out of a relationship."

"Come on, Sara." Kendra pushed. "At least try to move on."

"Coming from the girl who moved on too quickly and is currently in between relationships."

"Hey! Just because your life is frustrating doesn't mean you have to bring Ray and Carter into this."

Alright. But I'm being serious about who you need to pick."

"Will you just give Mr. Tall, dark, and
Handsome his drinks already?" Kendra said as she pushed away from the counter and walked back into the back room.

"Ugh."

Sara gathered the two drinks, placed them into the cardboard holder, and placed them on the 'pick-up' side of the counter.

"Leonard." She said as she watched him straut his way way to the counter.

He checked over the drinks, making sure they're correct, before picking them up with one in each hand.

"Thanks."

Leonard watched as Sara retrieved back the cupholder.

"Hope that nasty break up of yours gets cleared up, Canary." He said right before he turned and exited Jitters.

Sara placed her left hand on her right wrist and touched her canary bracelet her father gave her; so many Christmas' ago.

"Still going with the 'Just Got Out Of A Relationship' excuse?" She heard Kendra shout from the back.

Hey, guys! Tell me what you think. I'm still working on my other fic. Yes, I will continue it. But I need to watch the series while I'm writing it in order to finish so I'm waiting for it to come out on netflix 😊