Chapter1

I guess it started out like an ordinary day for me. Wake up, get a shower, towel dry my long wavy, brown hair and throw on  black converse, skinny jeans, and a black SWS&PTV hoodie. My makeup consisted of nude eyeshadow with glitter  heavy black eyeliner, mascara (black of corse) and nude color clear lipgloss. After I get done I grab my grey, light blue, and white polkadot backpack slung it over my right shoulder and walked down stairs.

While entering the kitchen I saw mom out of the corner of my eye. She was wearing black heels, black stockings, a black skirt and a grey button up long sleeve jacket with a black tank top under neath. Her brown hair was wrapped in a tight ballerina bun. She had black hoop earrings and black and silver bracelet.

"Morning." She said in a sturdy, non-friendly voice. I just looked at her. Afraid to speak. Something was wrong. I could hear it in her voice.

"Hey!" She yelled loudly. "I'm talking to you! When I speak I expect you to answer me?! Understand?!"

My eyes got big. I nodded in agreement really fast.

"I want a verbal answer!" She screamed as she slammed her hand on the granite counter top.

"Yes... Are you okay? You sound mad?... Are you drunk?"

Her face changed from mad to furious (yes, there is a difference) and mom's hand struck me across the face.

"How dare you ask me a question like that!"

I immediately put my hand on my cheek where she slapped me. I could feel the blood rushing to my right left cheek. Then mom grabbed my hand off my face.

"What is this?!"

"What?"

"On your fingernails? Is that black fingernail polish?!"

".... Yeah?"

"I told you I didn't want to to paint you fingernails black! What are you trying to do?... Be gothic or something?! Are you trying to be goth? Huh?"

"What? No?! It's just nail polish."

"And those clothes! Why don't you wear something nice instead of trying to look like a thug! And fix that nappy hair! You didn't even look in a mirror this morning did you?!"

I just stared at her. Tears welded in my eyes. I jerked my hand from hers and ran out of the front door with my backpack on my shoulders.

"Blair! Come back here! Right now!" I hear her scream out the front door.

I ran straight to the bus parked right outside my house.

"Blair! Blair!" She continues as I'm climbing the stairs.

I look behind me and I see her come out onto the porch with her arms crossed. I watch her through every window until I sit in the very back seat on the passenger side. I continued to look out the window as the bus slowly took off. I watched mom as she continued to yell something as she was making gestures with her arms. As the bus went by she threw her wash rag down on the porch and angrily stomped inside slamming the door behind her.

"Sheesh, look, Blair starting drama on the first day. Ugh! Such a drama queen!" Melody commented.

Melody was her own type of species. Not really female, not really human.... Nobody really knows what she is, but I call her... The Queen Bee. She is your typical popular girl. Pretty..., pretty... Well, that's about it. Oh and mean. So as always I just drowned her out with Vic's voice (singer from Pierce The Veil) in my ears. I pull my hoodie over my head with the white Apple headphones on, curled up into a little ball on the seat by myself and took a 30 minute nap while on my way to the devil's playground, AKA:Hell, AKA: High School.