Chapter 10

AN:

A/N: So can I just say I am SOOOOOOOO thankful for everyone that has read my story. Nine chapters and over 100 reads?!?!?!? Can I get a AMEN?! I honestly love where this book is going and I hope you do too. It'd be amazing if you guys could comment and vote too, please. That’s all for now, READ ON! Peace to the Middle East my lovelies!

----------------- ------------------------------ -----------------------

Chapter 10

Layla’s POV****

When I got to my truck I threw everything in the trunk and got in the driver’s seat.  I just sat there staring for some time and just thought. I was so confused. Before he went to the meeting and I went to lunch everything was perfect. But then he comes back and he fires me? What the hell?

Soon my sadness started to turn into anger. I know people say you shouldn’t mix business and pleasure but I couldn’t help it. And he was my boss! What was I thinking? If anybody was going to lose in this situation, if shit hit the fan, and it did, it would be me. Shaking my head I put my keys in the ignition and drove home. I decided before I even got to my car that I wasn’t telling anyone about me getting fired, not even Mathew.

He’d probably question a million question about what happened, and offer me money, and I do not need that right now. I’d rather try and handle everything by myself.

I pulled into a parking spot outside of my apartment and quickly got all my belonging from the trunk. A nice hot shower, the thought made a smile form on my face. I quickly put everything away and stripped out of my clothes. I let the hot water run down my body and let the water run through my hair. I used my strawberry scented body wash and scrubbed every part of my body then washed my hair.

After about thirty minutes I got out and dried off, I got dressed in black pajama shorts and one of Mathew’s shirts and put my hair into a bun on top of my head.  I sat on my sofa and looked up possible.

************* ************************* **********************

I’d been looking for a job for two hours now and everything was pretty boring, wasn’t very interesting, didn’t pay enough, or the hours were too long. I was stuck, and it sucked.

The sound of my phone ringing brought me out of my depressed state. I quickly grabbed it answering quickly.

“Hello?” I said nonchalantly. “Where ya at?” Questioned Mathew. I quickly looked at my cable box that flashed 6:30. Shit! I usually was at Mathew’s house by five o’clock he knew I spent my Fridays at, he who shall not be named, house but just didn’t know who he was to me, my boss. “Ummm, I stopped off at my house to, change clothes, I felt uncomfortable in my work clothes.” I lied quickly.

There was a brief pause before he spoke. “Oh, ok. Well are you going over Damion’s house tonight?” I mentally scowled Mathew for asking me that, but he didn’t know anything. “No, I’m not really feeling up to it.” I said simply getting off my bed and putting grey sweatpants on over my shorts and then some chucks.

“Oh, ok. Well, I’ll see when you get here.” “Later.” With that I threw on a sweater and headed out the door.

When I got to Mathew’s house I quickly knocked on the door.  “Who is it?” Asked a not so manly sounding voice of Robbie. I smiled instantly. “It’s mommy!” I smiled. There was a pause. “Mommy who?”

Has this boy lost his damn- “Robbie what other mommy do you have?” I asked placing my hands on my hips. Soon the door opened revealing a laughing Robbie. “I knew it was you mommy I just playing.” I he laughed out, making me smile. I picked him up by his stomach, “So you thought that was funny?” I tickled him when he was in my arms as I walked into the living room. “I’m –sorr- mommy!” he screamed. I laughed before placing him down on the couch. “Get your things together.” I told him heading up stairs to look for Mathew.