Chapter 7

A/N: I love Damion’s POV so yeah:)

-------------- -------------------------------------- --------------------

Chapter 7

Damion’s POV******

Waking up the next morning was pretty dull because as corny as it seems I wasn’t going to be able to see Layla. I got in the shower and proceeded to get dressed. A red shirt, black dress pants, and black dress pants. I quickly combed my hair and went down stairs where I smelt pancakes, bacon, muffins, eggs, and sausage.

“Morning Mirah.” I greeted her while going to the fridge and getting some apple juice. I always hate orange juice, apple juice is much more pleasing. “Good Morning Damion.” She smiled sitting a plate down in front of me. “What’s on your mind?” She questioned sitting down at the other end of the table where her plate was placed. “What do you mean?”

“That look, you look like someone stole your puppy.” She laughed, which made me chuckle. I ended up telling her everything, from the day Layla walked into my office, all the way to when I dropped her off at her friend’s house yesterday. “And I just can’t seem to stop thinking about her.” I finished. She nodded her head smiling slightly.

“And she doesn’t want to take it any further then boss and employee?” I reluctantly nodded. “That reminds me of a time when I worked for Denzel Washington. He had his eye on my since the day I vacuumed his bedroom. At first we would have a flirty smile here and there but then as time went on at night we would-” “MIRAH! No! No! No!” I cut her off not wanting to hear her sex life. She laughed. “I’m sorry. What I meant to say was as time went on you could say we became intimate. I would come to clean his house and we’d- Nevermind that, my point is there are always going to be boundaries in life. You just have to know which boundaries should be crossed. And how you talk about her tells me that this boundary should have been ripped down and burned already.”

I laughed. “Trust me I want to but she basically was said hell no.” I huffed. When we have talks like this all formalities are forgotten. “Well she seems to be just as confused just as much as you are. The chemistry is there, i think you should get to know the girl first. You’ve only known her for what three, four days? And your already in love-” “I never said tha-” “First, cut me off again and your fingers will be the next thing to be cut off. Second the look in your eyes tells it all your eyes light up just by me saying her name. Anyway, she has a son which means she is already is on edge about bringing men around him. So I think it’s in your best interest to be her friend first.”

“That’s reasonable. So how do I just become her friend?”

“Well first, no more hot steamy kitchen scenes, ya nasty! (A/N: That was for anyone that has ever watched That’s so Raven ahahaha I’m funny) try having a regular conversation. Make her laugh, every girl loves to laugh.”

------------------ ---------------------- ----------------------------------- ---------------------

After my conversation with Mirah ideas started to run around in my head.  A simple dinner, no a lunch. Everybody has lunch, right? Shaking my head I texted Layla to call me  when she got the chance.

When I got to the office the day seemed to drag on, there wasn’t anything really to do, Stacy would call and I would simply send it to voicemail, but other than that I just distracted myself with reading possible articles. I didn’t really need to, I mean I have a whole floor that does that, but I needed something to do.

Layla never called me so I called her. “Hey Damion.” The sound of her voice made me smile. “Hey.” I said coolly, but on the inside I was freaking out.