Chapter ¤ 31 -Missing You-

Start from the beginning

I had heard about this before now and I knew why he asked me to go. That's where all the ratchets hang. He must think imma twerk something for him.

"Mm.. I don't know. That's not my type of crowd." I told him.

He smacked his teeth "It ain't that bad. I just want you to come out just this once."

"Why? Why can't we go to another club?" I asked him. He laughed.

"Cuz I'm the one hosting. I gotta be there."

I rolled my eyes and ran my fingers through my hair. "I'll think about it and tell you in a few hours. Who's going with you? " I asked.

"Just a couple of my boys and they got some females comin." he replied. I already had a bad feeling about this but I just shook it off.

"Well I'll text you in a few once I make up my mind." I said.

"Aight." he said and I ended the call.

I already made my mind up to not go unless I had someone to go with me. I don't trust Jai're like that yet. I decided to text Mai and see if she could go but knowing her she's always busy. I got up to put my clothes and the dryer and sent Mai a text at the same time.

To My asian Persuasion
Come out with me tonight. I don't wanna go alone :(   4:25 p.m.

From My asian Persuasion
Where?  4:27 p.m.

To My asian Persuasion
Empire  4:27 p.m.

From My asian Persuasion
Ooo! alright I'm down. See you tonight  4:28
p.m.

I laughed at her last text and slid my  phone into my pocket while I finished throwing the clothes in the dryer. Once I was done I went back into my room and walked to my closet to see what my options were for tonight.

Dre▶

I was in the studio with Jay recording a new song I had wrote. It was different than all my other songs that I previously recorded. I felt like this song spoke from the bottom of my heart and I was ready to record it to hear how it played out.

Not bein able to spend time wit Ki is really takin a toll on me. I'm always use to bein around her up until now and all these interviews,  parties and shows. I miss her so damn bad and it's nothin I can really do about it. I don't want us to drift apart after what we've worked so hard for to keep this relationship.

I want her to go on tour wit me but I don't want to stop her from doin what she loves. That's the only thing I haven't gotten use to is bein away from her. In the music industry that's somethin that comes wit this life style but I didn't think it'd be this hard. She's really all I got besides Rome, and she's been there since day one.

"You ready man?" Jay asked me snapping me from my thoughts. I sighed and rubbed a hand across my face.

"Yea."

I got up from the couch and stepped into the booth. I put my head phones on and pulled the mic close to my mouth. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened them and then looked over at Jay nodding, letting him know I was ready.

He clicked the song instrumental on his laptop and the music started. I closed my eyes and thought of Ki's beautiful face as I sang.

"Nobody knows what I go through
Wish you could put yourself inside my shoes
You got friends that ain't friends no more
They don't understand the life I chose
See the money and the fame It can hurt everything you love
Got some people that depend on me
And I can't give up
They don't know what I'm going through