Autumn Leaves, Let Go of Summer Dreams

It'd been a long summer and now fall engulfed me in the sadness of the nostalgia I felt every time I looked at the yellow and red leaves on the trees. The grass that was once pure green was now a dull brown color and everyone that was wearing shorts was now in boots and sweaters.
The vibration of my phone made me feel a different way now. I wasn't eager to see what sweet message you'd sent me because I knew it wouldn't be something sweet anymore. We weren't the same as we were before.
A tear rolled down my cheek as I imagined the last time I saw your face. It was summer and we were both in love. I couldn't help but try to figure out what went wrong.
I rubbed my eyes and yawned because I barely got any sleep the night before. I laid awake in my dark bedroom with a sad song playing, re-reading every text we ever sent. I tortured myself, trying to see what I'd done wrong.
What could I have done wrong to made you look at me differently. When you look at me, your eyes don't shine like they used to and I can't place my finger on the reason why.
But now I know that I had nothing to do with what went wrong.
Maybe we were never what I thought we were. Maybe you fell out of love quicker than you fell into it. But I have to put my armor down and walk away. Because this battle isn't between us anymore, lately it's against myself.