Chapter 5: Three Years Before the Fall

Weeks passed since she regained her sight and she had been training intensely with the rest of the blood elves. She had discovered that with practice she could easily defeat all of them and with the help of her spectral sight there was no attack she couldn't sense coming her way. Yet still she felt she could do more. Illidan's blood had not affected her other than in gaining most of his memories and obtaining some of his powers, which she found very useful. To see the truth through his eyes was very much needed in order to know our enemy as well as he does. But if he sought to create demon hunters they would need demonic energies and demonic powers, something she did not have besides her sight. Maybe if she could find a way to infuse some demonic energy within her she could offer Illidan a way to make more of his kind.

       Fel orcs crowded the outskirts of the Black Temple. These orcs were unlike those she knew in Azeroth. Unlike their green skinned counterparts, these orcs had blood red skin covered in spikes and cracks through their body. Their tusks had been enlarged and dangerously sharpened. They looked vicious, appalling, but mostly strong and powerful. They looked as if they could rip apart any foe thrown at them.

       Two orcs congregated near a nest of Netherwing Drakes. The Dragonmaw orcs had tamed these beasts to use as mounts for war. Maylria, curious about their conversation, made her way inconspicuously towards them. She pretended to clean her weapons while over hearing their conversation. It seems they were talking about the orcs being empowered in Hellfire Citadel by the blood of a Pit Lord named Magtheridon. They talked about the vast green pools his blood has made outside of the citadel through the sewer system, and anyone could have access to such fountain of power.

       'These fel orcs were created by the blood of a demon... Why hasn't Illidan mentioned such power source?' Maylria thought. If these orcs could gain such amount of power with the Pit Lord's blood, then Maylria should take a look at this. She needed something to make her stronger and not just skilled in fighting. Demon hunters deserved more than that; they deserved power. Once Illidan and herself find a way to give them such, all the power to defeat the Legion will be theirs. But for now, Maylria needed to travel to Hellfire Citadel and explore the pools of blood the orcs had mentioned. She walked up to them as someone with greater power and superiority would, and stood in front of the orcs. They looked at her and raised their eyebrows.

       "Illidan has sent me to journey to the Citadel to inspect the area"

       "A fragile being like you scouting a dangerous place such as Hellfire Peninsula?" they laughed. "Listen, she-elf, no one but us, scout the Citadel. Go back to your training" they laughed again.

       "Perhaps you need direct orders from Illidan himself? I would assume he would be displeased you both refused a direct order from myself. And because you had wasted his time with your foolishness he would not hesitate in striking you both dead. So what is your choice: Obey his orders or waste his time and die by his blade?" Maylria threatened them. The orcs looked at themselves frightened by the idea of Illidan confronting them. They swallowed hard and nodded at her. One of them began untying a drake and preparing it for its journey. She mounted the beast and adjusted the saddle.

       "He knows his way through Outlands, his destination is Hellfire Peninsula, there is where the citadel is located" the orc informed her. She nodded and set flight towards the fountain of power that could aid her in becoming stronger. She only hoped she would be back in time before Illidan made his return and search for her within the Black Temple.

***

       Illidan searched through scrolls containing demonic information. He looked at topics such as possessions and bindings. If an apprentice could be possessed by a demon and then bind the demon to them they would act as one while using the apprentice's skill and the demons power making them, in turn, a great weapon against the Legion. But how can a demon possess the body of someone? The apprentice would have to do something to be possessed... what could that be? Illidan paused and closed his scroll. If a demon could be summoned, one will need to take something purely fel infused and take it unto oneself to claim authority over the demon. What could such object be?