Lady Aileen's face clouds over and Dawn is sure that she could easily kill her, there and then. She steps threateningly towards her. Dawn prepares to duck and scamper for the exit. A voice saves her. A voice has Lady Aileen straightening up with a pretty smile on her face; arms once outstretched falling to her sides. "Have you seen Gethin?" Gavriel's eyes flicker between the two woman and he hides a knowing smile. He holds his hand out for Dawn, "Come." He commands with a single word. She brushes past Lady Aileen, eyes downcast. She does not take his hand though. She simply stands by his side.

"No, I was looking for him until I came across Miss Dawn alone in a dark room." Her words are calculated and spiteful. Gavriel laughs and looks down at Dawn.

"She gets awful headaches, mother. Perhaps she should retire home or one of the guest rooms to sleep it off." Dawn tries not to blink at the lies coming from his mouth. She nods her head, grateful for an easy exit. She curtseys to both of them quickly and scurries from the room.

"That child has never once spoken back in all the years I have known her, something is giving her a new strength. Find out what it is and squash it."

"She is just a girl, mother. Irrelevant in all we have planned. Help me find Gethin; I need to speak with him. Father has foolishly invited Lord Wolfe and his wife into our home for dinner."

Once again, Lady Aileen's face clouds over and she purses her lips tightly. She taps her fingers against her legs as his words dawn on her. "His wife?" She repeats, after Gavriel, moments later. "Lord Wolfe and his wife? Who agreed to marry him and how were we not informed?"

"Lady Warrior Sparrow agreed to become his wife. She discovered who our spies were within their lands and did what she deemed necessary. We had no warning until they arrived here together." Gavriel reels off, giving the idea that these words have already left his mouth, multiple times.

"The war you want may just be within your grasp." She smiles at him icily.

○ ○ ○

"Logan." He does not open his eyes but sighs heavily. "Logan, please do not ignore me."

"I thought that I had made myself clear. You should not have come down here."

"I came for a reason." He turns and studies her face. She raises her eyebrows waiting for some kind of response. She glances nervously up the tunnel a second later. He stands and sways on his feet. His hand connects solidly with the wall, his palm pushing against it to stay upright. His head spins. He has not been fed yet today. He had not seen a single guard come down this way either. Maybe they had forgotten he was here.

His spinning head subsides slightly but he still uses the wall to get the bar. He kneels down by them, close to Dawn. A smile twitches on his lips when she remains where she is. She does not edge away as she had so many times before. Perhaps though, she is just lost in thought. Her eyes flickering up to meet his disprove that theory. "What reason is that?" He asks in a hushed tone, aware of her fear someone may hear them and come.

"Your brother is here..."

"Hunter?" He interrupts; his voice fairly hopeful. Dawn frowns.

"The one named Hunter is your brother?" She shakes her head, realising how pointless the question is. "No, your brother is Wolfe is here with Sparrow."

"Will Lord Kier allow them to see me?" He grasps onto the bars with urgency. Dawn presses her lips together, sadness visible in her eyes. "What do you know?"

"I overheard Lord Kier speaking to his council. He does not want to give Wolfe access to his prisons; he does not wish to let him see you. Sparrow has requested that you be brought up to them. He is wary to do so. I believe he will make Wolfe and Sparrow make a contract that they will not try to help you escape. Would they do that?"

"No, Wolfe would never even consider it but..." he sighs heavily, "Sparrow might. She would rather see me and know I am alive." He places his forehead against the bars and presses his eyes shut. "Did you bring food with you?"

Dawn smiles and pulls a small loaf of bread from the small bag hanging from her shoulder. His eyes spring open when the sweet smell hits his nostrils. She passes it through the bars and their fingers brush. She withdraws her hand quickly, trying to hide her discomfort with a fake smile. Logan reads the correct emotion though and his eyes drop. Even though this girl does not believe him to be a killer she still is repelled by the slightest of touches. "I should return, they may notice my absence. Can I trust them?"

Logan's dark green eyes flicker up to hers and he frowns. "Trust who?"

"Your brother and his wife; can I trust them to keep this secret?"

"My brother is trustworthy but I do not know his wife and you should avoid telling her secrets at all cost."

"Goodbye Logan." She jogs away, taking the light with her once again. Logan guides his way to his bed using the wall and slumps down on the hard mattress. He digs into the bread, the taste heavenly.

He savours every last morsel. Then he hears footsteps. A light appears. He brushes down his shirt, just in case any crumbs managed to escape. The warm light of a fiery torch floods into the cell. The figure is cloaked entirely in black, their face half covered by a long black cloth. Only eyes peer out. Logan frowns, finding the large figure strangely intimidating. He pushes himself to his feet; he will not show this discomfort. The figure laughs, a deep rich sound. A hand appears from beneath the dark fabric. Logan sees the glint of steal. The hand pulls down the cloth so their face is visible.

Logan laughs and leans back against the wall. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I heard that one of my foolish, naïve and can I say it? Honourable brother has gone and got himself in a situation which will result in death. How could I not come to watch?" He chuckles after his words, placing the torch in the structure attached to the stone wall. He studies the lock on the door, his face scrunching up in annoyance.

"Could you not sound so happy about it? Most people would find the idea of their sibling being executed horrifying." The man looks up and shakes his head in mock sympathy.

"Ah, now see that is the problem, I am not most people. Have you tried picking this lock yet?" He pulls out two small thin knives and starts to play. Logan rolls his eyes.

"Tell me, little brother, what exactly would I use to pick the lock?"

He pauses and glances up. "Sorry, I forgot. You as the good man you are would have given up all your weapons. Could you not have hidden something in your mouth after killing that man?"