11. The Hope...

Trisha's POV

One year before...

Remember, how I started behaving odd with Ved? Yeah, that ride incident.. it was not only one incident but there were many because of which I have to be embarrassed.

One day, there was a reception of a wedding given by one of our society people in a famous pool side lawn.. we were talking to each other. Ved was yet to come so I was relaxed. I wanted to drink something so I went to the counter and ordered Blue Curacao.. one of my favorites.

"Blue Curacao,hn?!"

I was very well known by this smoky voice.. I turned quickly and found him, wearing a cerulean blue coloured straight hem shirt, top button open with folded cuffs, with it, black pants matched with white canvas. His typical bleu de Chanel Cologne was wafting. And..

Crash..

Don't know how, my glass of blue Curacao was on the ground shattered in pieces, the blue drink spilled around it.

I looked on the ground, then around, thank God nobody noticed and then to him... God, I was so embarrassed. He took a step back preventing his feet to get injured and then looked at me. I was so much embarrassed that I was going to cry any moment but his expression was so calm like nothing happened.

"Hn?" I asked blankly.

" I said, Blue Curacao," he said looking down on the floor.

" It hurts when your favourite thing is no more," he said, in a joke manner.

"I am sorry," I said, avoiding his looks. "I don't know how.. -"

"It's alright," he said, crossing the shattered glass. "Let me buy you another one,"

" No, it's​ ok. I will -"

"I am not asking you," he said and turned to the waiter," two Blue Curacao, please."

" You don't have to. It was my fault. And besides that, it was almost going to ruin your nice look.."

Shit, what I said!! Heck! Was it necessary to you to said this?

My inner voice was scowling me. But it was too late.

" But it didn't," he said," and, thanks for the compliment. I wasn't expecting it... You are looking beautiful today," he said, with a wink.

God, his wink..

"Thanks," I tried hard to control my cheeks to get red.

I was wearing a black coloured knee length frock with orange lace at the bottom of the frock and around the waist. It was one of my best collection which my friends gave me on my last birthday.

He complimented you, Tris!

He smiled and gave me my glass of Blue Curacao. There was silence for some moments but it was so uncomfortable like it was a lull.

" So, why did you avoid me?" He asked suddenly. He was sounding serious. My sip choked. I ingested the sip with the efforts.

" Hn?" I could make on this sound, it was that unexpected.

" Do you have this habit or what? You hear what I said." He said.

" It's not like that. It was just an unexpected question.." I managed to say.

" Really! I thought you were expecting this question.." He exclaimed. " So, why did you avoid me?"

" I-I was not avoiding you. It was just.. our timings were not matching." I lied.