With Lavender responding,"I rather like her."

I groaned eternally. I honestly hoped that I would not have to progress, even though I had slightly enjoyed annoying Erica with Lavender.

As the rest of the interviews finished up, I headed back to the auditorium for our half hour break to meet with my mother.

When I reached the giant auditorium after getting lost several times, my mother asked me how it went.

I replied,"Oh. Fine."

~*~*~*~*~*

After a large lunch of hamurger and fries, I was taken by another thin guide with straightened black hair and grey eyes to the photoshoot room.

I pushed away the black curtain, peering through, trying to see my makeup artist and hairstylist.

"Ahh! Welcome Serenity! Welcome to my humble abode. I will be your hair stylist and makeup artist for this round. My name is Nicholas, but please, call me Nick," said a young man who seemed to be in his early twenties. He had messy gelled hair, a tight shirt in which I could see his defined muscles, and sparkling green eyes which shone with happiness.

I giggled and looked around.

There was a vanity table with a plush cushion placed underneath. On the table, there was a cluttered mess of hairdryers, eye shadows, mascara, blush, straighteners, lipstick...basically any item of makeup you could name in the world.

He hustled me to the small plush cushion and said,"Let's see...no makeup today,eh? Do you ever wear makeup?"

I shook my head.

"I can tell," he said, grinning.

As much as I didn't want to like someone called a "stylist," I quite liked Nick. He made me feel quite comfortable, unlike Erica, and he darted around his station like a honey bee in a flower shop, only twice as fast and with triple the caffeine.

"Okay," he said, "You're skin is in fantastic condition. I'm not going to spackle you, or make you look like someone you aren't so please, don't worry."

I hadn't realized that I was holding my breath until that point. I exhaled.

"So what are you going to?" I wondered aloud.

He rummaged around the chaotic mess, sorting through tubes, bottles, compacts, and pots until he found what he was looking for: a big poofy makeup brush.

"Enhance," he replied, winking. "That's all you really need."

With that, I opened, closed, pursed, raised, kissed, and turned whenever told so. Then he juggled his round brush, a blow dryer, and a bottle of hairspray. What seemed like a blast and a squirt later, he announced,"You're done!"