"But—"

"Drop it, Ryan," I hissed, gritting my teeth. "Let's make arrangements, okay? Since we still have a day here tomorrow before we leave at night, invite her to my suite. The three of us will spend a couple hours with her tomorrow since we'll all just be slacking away before the next show in two days, and I'll try again."

"That's the way, brother," Ryan grinned triumphantly, patting my back twice, hard. "Are you gonna introduce Beth to her?"

"Not as my girlfriend, I won't," I paused. "I wanna introduce her as my girlfriend to everyone only after this tour ends. . . when we all return to Toronto. You aren't gonna say a word of this to her, you got it?" I looked at him warningly, which gained me back a thoughtful look. Something was up, he knew it, I knew it but I didn't know what that something was.

He nodded. "I cross my heart and I hope to die," he began singing, holding his arms out at me. "That I only stay with you one more night!" He began scooting closer to me that I had crack up laughing before moving away. "And I know I said it a million times, but I only stay with you one more niiiiight!"

"Ryan!" I yelled, slapping him across his head as he cracked up laughing at my facial expression and reaction. "Don't fucking be gay with me, you blockhead. You're supposed to be the sensible one!" I burst out laughing seeing how hard he was laughing; his face had turned so red that he had to double over in laughter.

"And Chaz the blunt, sassy one," he carried on, still laughing but not as hard, "and you the troublemaker and loud ass fuck."

"Exactly," I chuckled, "so are you clear about the schedule tomorrow?"

"Yes, sir," he smirked. "But I'm warning you, she may still be the same but it don't mean puberty didn't hit her like a truck. . . I have a feeling you won't be able to control flirting with her even if Beth's right in front of you."

"I can handle it," I shrugged my shoulders, bringing the gaming controller back into my hands. "Ry, you've known me for years. My life surrounds girls that can be gorgeous as hell." Beth. Beth. Beth. Beth. Beth. "Anyway, round two, brother?" I challenged, facing him with an equally broad, but sickening smirk. He always hated when I used this on him.

I wanted to antagonize him. I had to ease my nerves for tonight. . . It's going to be a long night, a perfect night. 

"Oh, you're so dead," he grumbled, pushing the start button.

* *

* * *

* *

So it was three when I returned to my suite from Ryan's; I'd told Beth specifically just what time I'd start getting ready and I'd fetch her at five. She decided she'd prepare herself with Mom in the suite she shared with Dad, and I didn't mind because at least she'd get to spend some time with my family.

I felt relieved knowing she was there. 

I also told her I wouldn't suggest wearing too formal because we weren't going to a restaurant. . . we were going to a resort. Or rather, a beach house—a luxurious one. But of course, she didn't know that. Yes, the beach was right next to it. Yes, I did reserve that for one whole night. Yes, there was a pool. And there was a room. . . a pretty massive room, if you asked me.