» bubbles ; blurb «

in which Evan and Teagan attempt to be cute and romantic by taking a bubble bath together

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬●

"You know, this would've been more fun for me if you didn't lock me out of my own bathroom so you could undress," Evan calls through the door. He contemplates picking the lock and trying to sneak a peek at Teagan, but he also knows she wouldn't be amused, so he leaves her be. After a few minutes, he hears her unlock the door, followed by a quiet swish of the water in the bath she just drew. He steps into the bathroom and admires the setup of white candles around the edge of the tub. "This was your plan for tonight?" he asks with mock disappointment.

"Shower sex was already off the table, we discussed this," Teagan replies, her tone dry. "Just quit thinking like a boy and get in before the water gets cold."

"I'm only joining you because you look cute in bubbles." Evan proceeds to remove his clothes, and okay, maybe Teagan just pretended to not look at his butt after he took off his underwear.

But she really did, and he didn't seem to care when he noticed her doing so.

"Stop staring, it's rude," Evan teases.

"I was not staring, I was just—"

"You were just staring is what you were doing," he interrupts as he sinks into the other side of the tub. "While staring is rude, young lady, I'm very flattered."

"You're also an ass," Tee snaps back while trying to flick some suds in Evan's face. He sputters a bit before returning the gesture, but ends up getting some of the bubbles right in Teagan's eyes. "Evan!" she shrieks.

"Shit, I'm sorry, Tee, I didn't mean to—"

"Yeah, I'm sure you didn't."

"Do your eyes burn?"

"You just flicked bubbles into them!"

"You flicked bubbles in my face!"

"At least I didn't get any in your eyes." Teagan stands up in the tub, not caring if Evan sees her naked for a moment, before grabbing her lilac-colored towel and wrapping it around her body. She walks to the sink and turns the water on, gathering some in her hands before flushing her eyes out.

Okay, maybe Evan does feel bad for getting suds in her eyes, but she started it. Then again, they're both adults who know how to apologize for wrong actions—even small, immature ones.

Evan stands from the tub and drains the water, grabbing his grey towel from the rack and wrapping it around his hips. Teagan was now inspecting her eyes in the mirror above the sink, taking note of the slightly pink color they've developed.

"Tee, I'm sorry for getting bubbles in your eyes," he tells her. She connects her gaze with his before replying.

"Don't be. It wasn't major."

"If it was only one eye, it wouldn't have been, but it's both."

"Really, Evan, it's okay. You didn't do it on purpose." Evan stands next to Teagan and wraps an arm around her shoulders, leaning his head on hers.

"I really hope that getting bubbles in your eyes is the only bad thing I'll ever do to you."

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬●

end of blurb
length: 531 words