Chapter 2- Lou

"Hey, Lou!" I say as I take a seat in front of her in the booth of the cafe.

"Hey Scar. You're all over the news. They're calling you 'the vigilante'." she says in a lowered voice and then scoffs.

"Hey!" I fake being offended. I didn't consider myself a vigilante and we both know it. I am an outlaw. But I hide behind rich people. I'm not a good person. Let alone a vigilante.

"Okay, so why are we meeting here, Scar?"

"I just wanted to know what my next job is."

"To keep a low profile."

"So like not do anything?"

"Yup."

"Seriously? You can't do this to me! For how long?"

"Until people forget about the vigilante."

"That could take years..." I trailed off, discouraged.

"Unless if there was another 'vigilante'..." she said.

"Good idea. Who would be the other vigilante?"

"Me, dumbass." the redheaded, 5'4 girl told me.

"What do you know about playing the role of the vigilante...?"

"Well, I took boxing as a kid and I am the brain behind you, Noah and Amy..."

"So you're saying you control us?"

"No, I'm just saying I give you guys missions and tell you most of the info."

"That is not true. Most of the jobs I do, I've searched for them. I dig up all the info! You only know about the ones you tell me to do. But I do much, much more than that."

"Well, now I see. Miss Scar is a vigilante and she takes all of the credit."

Now, we were both ticked off.

"Hey, if that's what you think... I won't stop you..." was my reply. I tried to keep my voice calm, but her answer angered me to the highest.

"Scar, I do everything. Whether you like it or not, I'm your boss. Age doesn't matter. Authority does. I may be younger than you by appearance and age, but in every other way, I am older. I am wiser than you, I've seen more than you could possibly ever imagine. Shall I go on?"

"Thing is, Lou, I've been through so many things you don't even know about. I started this job when I was seventeen. You only tagged along when I turned twenty."

"Yeah, but that's because I was following up on a police investigation, since my dad's a cop. I found out about you before the police did and hid the evidence you were at the crime scene. I found you. I protected you before I even knew you."

"Lou, that's not protection. It's leverage."

"Whatever it is, it kept you out of jail, didn't it?"

"Yeah, but look at where I am now? I'm your assassin of the non-murderous kind. You tell me to go beat up someone, and I'll do it. I would literally do anything for you, and so would Arya, Kerri, Noah and Kevin. That's not even because of the leverage anymore. It's because you gave us a place where we could do good and bad at the same time without getting involved with the corrupted juridic system."