T: 8

Y'all like the new cover or whaaat 😝?

Omniscient

August gazed down at his trio of nieces, who were captivated in the bin of toys he had recently purchased.

He was so infatuated in the scene, that he didn't feel the couch dip, nor the tapping of his favorite niece on his muscular shoulder

"Aug, I know you feel me tapping on yo' lil skinny arm, " Kayden declared with attitude leaking from her New Orleans-accented voice, lavender-painted nails firmly holding her petite hip.

"Who ya' calling skinny? This all muscles." August claimed, bucking at Kaydence's small frame, causing her to giggle uncontrollably, as his thin fingers tickled her petite stomach.

"Whatever," she said, dismissing him by waving her tiny hand. "Why I haven't seen you in so long, uncle Aug?" Kayden's eyes suddenly lost the sparkle that it always carried around. This made August's heartache knowing that he was the only father figure that the girls had.

"Uncle August was on a little vacation, baybeh," August explained, hoping that his niece would believe his bogus confession.

"Awe, well you can't go on nomo, cause I missed ya', man," Kayden stated, a pout forming on her lips. "But ya' here now and I can have fun with ya' big head self." A toothy grin, despite the missing teeth, took over Kaydence's once pouty face.

"You right lil girl." He said smiling, before throwing her into the air, including his other nieces in their fun. "Y'all want to go to Smoothie King?" He asked them, hoping that they would want to get out the house. August rarely stayed in the house anywhere due to the bad things that seemed to happen while he was there. And of course, all the girls agreed.

Lyric sat in the local smoothie parlor alone, waiting on Loren to show up. It had been 30 minutes, and Lyric was honestly over the whole plan. She pulled out her phone to call Loren, to make sure she was still coming.