Chapter 9:

Chapter 9:

(Ellie's POV)

I stopped running before I reached my street so it didn't look like I was in rush to get anywhere, I didn't want them to get suspicious and considering I've not been the liveliest person since we got here, I think it would be for the best that I looked as normal as possible. Just thinking about the fact that I can go back to the other astral plane was getting me too excited, and as I thought on the way home about how I'm going to go, I came to the conclusion that I won't tell my parents as I know they'll just lock me away to prevent me from going. 

"Mum!" I shouted gaining her attention as I walked through the door. Putting the basket on the side table as I made my way into the room. I was so sick of having to be treated like a child when everyone knew including them that I was an adult who was capable of taking care of myself.

"Hi." I beamed noticing that she was flicking through pieces of paper on the coffee table in the living room.

"Take off your shoes, they'll trek the mud through this house and we have enough boots doing that already." She demanded not even looking up from whatever it was she was doing. Instead of looking up, she stood up and made her way into the kitchen making me follow after her. 

"I got everything apart from the turtle wax, they said it will be there"  I said putting my hands behind my back awaiting to leave.

"Can you go for me tomorrow? I've got my whole day booked and need it desperately." She asked putting down the papers on the side and began sorting out some washing on the table, folding it and what not.

"Sure" I offered knowing full well I wouldn't. I walked upstairs to my room and I sat down looking at my blood covered foot, I was surprised that I could run considering it had big pieces of shattered glass in it, I think I did pretty well. I pulled them out and wiped my foot clean and automatically my wound healed along with the pain, one of the many benefits of being a witch. I grabbed some socks and my brown ankle lace up boots and put them on so I could run better just in case. When I was ready, I went downstairs to find my mum making a potion in the kitchen.

"Are you going out?" she asked noticing the boots, she looked shocked but also happy about it.

"Yeah, " I commented as she started to stir her ingredients in the bowl. She grinned when she heard my comment.

"Good. I'm happy to see you go out again, it's been so long and Laura will be happy to see you go out, can you make sure you come back before 10:30 okay? The house will need to be locked up by then." She said as she put a piece of hair behind her ear. She was right, I hadn't been out for a while and Laura would be happy to see me but that wasn't part of my new agenda today.

"I'm not going to see Laura , I mean I might later. I'm going now." I said not realising what I was saying until I did half way through shutting my mouth. I turned around to walk out of the house before I heard my dad call out to me.

"Ellie!" I heard my dad practically roar. He came barging down the stairs making me stand. 

"What have you done now?" My mum joked making me laugh a little. He came into the room looking angry and disappointed as per usual. He never seemed to look at me like a normal person since he found out I was dating Harry the vampire. 

"She knows what she's done Helen. Running away from the men sent to protect you, how old are you?" He told, trying to demeanour me in front of not only my mum but the people looking protecting us and the house. 

"I do not need a babysitter." I stated not liking his tone, turning away from him a little t hide my embarrassed look. 

"They are there to make sure you are safe." He explained, something I had heard countless times before. 

"Well I did fine without them." I replied. 

"It was irresponsible and irrational." He argued trying to make me feel bad for not letting him be in control of all my actions. 

"I'm still here aren't I? I've not gone anywhere I shouldn't have, where do you think i'm going to go? I came back and now I'm leaving." I made clear, taking a step closer to him to show I wouldn't let him talk to me like that. I could see the anger growing on his face so I decided to walk past him towards the front door.  

"Ryan, let me talk to her." I heard my mother rationally state coming towards me and my exit of the house. 

"If you're going to give me a lecture, save it for another time alright?" I commented, having enough of my parents opinions today. I saw my dad walk away into a different room with the men he came in with following shortly behind him.

"I know you're still angry right now about Harry but don't let that consume you, go have fun whilst you're young." She said leaning on the door frame. I smiled half-halfheartedly before I carried on walking, opening the front door and then leaving. As I was walking away front the house, I began to feel nervous,  I mean I haven't seen him a while. What if he's forgotten about me? What if I go back and he doesn't love me anymore and is with another girl? Someone who's a vampire maybe? I think I think to much, I think I just need to stop thinking and just let things happen, it'll be easier.

(Harry's POV )

I walked back through town disappointed that I still haven't found her, and the feeling of just giving up after so long was coming to my mind. Even though I know now that she's alive but it still begs the question as to why she hasn't come back? As I entered the town square, I saw the figure of some girl in an old dress coming out of the portal in the corner of my eye. And considering I was soaked, from what I could see she was really dry and a little lost. The person was looking around as if they were being followed. The figure practically caught all of my attention when the lingering feeling of a connection became sudden in my blood.  I walked closer to the figure to have a closer look seeing the same similarities I had seen before. I had seen that long, wavy ash brown hair before and that silhouette somewhere. In fact, I've seen that girl before. 

Wait 

Is that her? is that Ellie? Did I just find her? The one I have been searching for for the past 45 years? The sway of the woman's dress in the rain became flat as the figure frantically started looking in every direction for a way of moving.  I started to pick up the pace in my steps as I walked closer to her to double check as she looked so similar to her. When we got closer, I could smell her blood and the smell was warm and welcoming. 

"Harry?" The figure spoke, calling out to me making every muscle in body relax after all these years. She turned and took strides towards me.

It was her; I found her.