Then he stood mere inches away from her.
The moment she turned to face him nothing else in the world mattered but the beauty that set his world straight.

With a fortified breath she barely whispered his name before her eyes fluttered shut and he caught her in his arms.

He held her close as he looked up to Mimi that stared at him dumbfounded and glued to the spot.

In that instant Jason and Dennis were at his side as they agreed to stay close by.

She lay limp in his arms as he gently caressed her cheek his gaze resting on her face. So serene and beautiful.

"I guess this was to be expected." he mumured to them as he held her against him.

They nervously looked around as those that stood close began to whisper and look their way.

An elderly couple stood and watched as he craddled her in his arms.

"Nothing to worry about, he proposed," Dennis waved them away.

They crooned and chuckled with awe and oohs...

"He went with Jareds...that did the trick," Jason added then stopped as Dennis glared at him.

"Really Jason? Now is not the time for joking."

Duncan slowly lifted her into his arms. And looked over to Mimi again.

"Mimi lass a bit of help here," he chuckled as she continued to stare at him.

Jason snapped his fingers in her face. She blinked once then twice. With a gasp she was at Tara's side.

"Lass we need to get her out of here. She needs fresh air and some where to rest." he told Mimi.

Mimi nodded and urged them to follow here. Quickly through the thrall of people they exited the park and long strides made it across campus towards their place down the block from NYU....

In no time, still holding Tara close he followed them into the building and into the elevator. They reached her and Mimi's apartment and immediately she showed him to Tara's room.

Heading in straight for her bed, he placed her down gently and immediately began undoing her shoes.
He turned to Mimi that gazed at him a bit with concern then sadness as her eyes rested on Tara.
"I need water lass," he whispered.

She perked up a bit and nodded with tears in her eyes turning away toward the kitchen.

Shortly after a while, he was handed a cool cloth to place above her forehead and a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol.
With that Mimi, Dennis and Jason left them alone.

Duncan gently held her in his arms. He finally had her before him, he finally had the sweetness in his arms he anxiously waited for.  He wiped her hair from her forehead and placed the cool damp cloth above it.

"Love open your eyes," he whispered his plea pressing his lips to the crown of her head and inhaling that unforgettable floral scent of her hair.

Slowly he waved the cotton ball beneath her nose. Slowly she stirred with a weak cough then groaned softly.
His heart tightened in his chest as her eyes fluttered open.

And there eyes met.

A grin formed on his lips and a stare fill with so much love held her astonished gaze as her fingers trembled and traced his stubbled jaw.

Hoarsely he whispered. "I finally have you."

She lay in his arms unable to speak past the lump in her throat. Her gaze traveled over his face, mesmerized that he was actually physically here....