• Ch. 2 •

•Pictured Sammy•

•Asher's POV•

      I wake up the next morning and sit up, confused for a moment then I remember why I'm on the couch and not my bed. Wait.. was that even real or was I dreaming..? I think to myself then I shrug and yawn. Guess there's only one way to find out. I pull my sleepy self off the couch and shuffle to my room only to find the small cat eared boy sleeping in my bed. He's curled up in a little ball, his jet black ears and hair sticking out of the sheet but that's all I can see of him. I go to my dresser and pull out some clothes before quietly leaving again to shower and change.

      After getting ready I went to the kitchen to make breakfast when I hear Sammy shuffle into the room and I reach behind me to ruffle his blonde hair, resulting in him sticking his tongue out at me. "Morning." I say and he just yawns as he opens the fridge door. I kick it shut and he looks up at me.

      "What did you do that for?" He asks, pouting slightly. I roll my eyes. "First off, you didn't say 'good morning'. and second, I'm making you pancakes so stop scrounging." I reply and glance over at him only to find a large grin spreading over his face.

     "Yummy!! Thanks Ash!" he says all excitedly and I laugh. Man, the way to that boy's heart. I shake my head and chuckle as I flip a pancake.

      As Sammy starts eating and I finish making the rest of the pancakes the small dark haired boy limps sleepily into the room, rubbing his eye with his first. He walks like it hurts to move at all, his back curled over a little and his ears low against his head.

       "Hey, morning little guy. How are you feeling?" I ask, keeping a friendly but soft tone so I don't scare him or anything.

       "G-good morning M-master..." He almost whispers and I pause. Master?? What the heck is this kid talking about?! Now I'm really curious about him, not that I wasn't before, but more so now.

      "Uhhhhh..." Sammy looks up at me and quirks a brow. "Master?"

      "Um.. my name's Asher and that's Sammy. I don't know who 'Master' is." I reply a little awkwardly since I'm totally confused. He looks up at me timidly but his eyes look confused.

      "I-I don't understand.." He says quietly, his tail tucking down between his legs. "W-won't you be mad and beat me i-if I don't call you Master..? You took me h-here.. isn't th-at why you brought me home with you.. to u-use me..?" He asks and I blink at the new information. I just stand there for a moment, looking between him and Sammy trying to take in everything he just said.

      I shake my head a bit quickly. "No way! I'd never hurt you and I don't want you to call me that.. just call me Asher. What's your name anyway..?" I ask. Now it's his turn to stand there with a confused expression.

      "M-my name is Onyx... I-I don't understand though... everyone else hurt me.." he says timidly and sniffles a little. What?! oh no.. I didn't mean to make him cry!! "W-why did you take m-me here if you w-won't use me..?" He asks, his blue eyes looking confused. I feel a small pain in my chest for this poor kid.

       "Look.. I saw you were hurt and alone in that alley and I took you in to help you since I couldn't just leave you on the street like that in the rain." I explain gently. "What happened to you anyway? And what are you?" I tilt my head a little. That probably sounded a little rude but I need to know since I've never seen something like him before.