let me be your goodnight

Summary:

Inspired by this prompt: Harry lives with Gemma who happens to have the worst best friend in the world. The guy stays over almost every night, is completely messy and has bad manners that would cause Harry's eyes to roll so far back he sees his brain. Gemma leaves for a month, Louis moves in. Harry can't stand him and some way, they still end up sharing a bed almost every night because of a thunder storm that happened weeks ago. It doesn't necessarily mean they stopped hating each other, until it does. And if Louis has always had a crush on Harry, is his fault for not expressing it well and allowing him to think that Louis hated him in the first place.

----

Harry likes to think of himself as a tolerant, polite person...99% of the time. That 1% happens when the doorbell to his and Gemma's apartment rings. More specifically, when it rings after 8pm, several times, to no end until one of them answers.

Because there's only one person who has the fucking audacity to ring a doorbell a hundred times during the evening when Harry is supposed to be studying.

"HARRY!" Gemma yells from her room.

"WHAAAAT?!" Harry yells back, slamming his forehead against the desk repeatedly.

"Can you let Louis in? I'm getting my hair done."

Harry lets out an animalistic groan of displeasure, but chooses to stand up from his desk. Because if there's one thing that's worse than Louis Tomlinson, it's Louis Tomlinson ringing the doorbell five times in a span of ten seconds.

He swings the door open; with such force that it slams against the wall and almost leaves a dent in it.

"It's barely eight in the evening and you're already angry? Keep it up and you're going to get wrinkles in no time." The twenty-one year old man on the doorstep says while wearing a fake smile, before he lets himself in.

Harry closes the door, and mentally talks himself out of attacking Louis from behind.

He's not even sure how or when or why Louis became his sister's best friend; all he knows is that it started one year ago when Harry moved in with Gemma once he got into Manchester University. He's not going to lie, he had a crush on Louis at first, because the guy was always around during the day-and sometimes even over night-but that was until Harry got to actually know him. Then everything went to shit, because Louis, as it turned out, is the most annoying person Harry's ever met.

Not only does he joke about the fact that Harry's two years younger, but he also finds a flaw in every single guy Harry has dated so far (there weren't that many, around 5 or 6), who eventually broke up with him because they found Louis way too annoying to be around.

Harry has tried to explain to Gemma why Louis shouldn't come around anymore, but it's like talking to a brick wall. Because Louis and her "have been best friends since Gemma's first year", and are probably going to continue being friends until Harry dies due to a mental breakdown; or something of that sort.

Louis pulls him out of his flashbacks by insistently waving a hand in front of his face.

"What now?" Harry sighs.

"Are you out of wine?"

Harry rolls his eyes and steps away from him, towards his bedroom.

"If there's no wine in the cupboard, then we're out of wine." He says.

Harry doesn't even get to close the door to his bedroom, because Louis is right behind him, holding it open.

"You think I don't know my best friend? I know she's not out of booze. So tell me, where did you hide it?" Louis asks, crossing his arms over his chest.