"If fight is what I must do, fight is what I shall do, but be warned, my father will hear of this," the boy said, taking a step towards Samuel.

Samuel's eyes widened in shock, only to quickly flicker to me, "Get the girl! Kill her! Kill the Hunter!" He shouted and immediately the figures around us started approaching me. I tensed up in fear, my hands clutched into fists and brought up to my face to defend myself. 

I was going to die. There was no way the boy could defend me against these 20 warriors. They all had training, I had none. I was going to die. 

Closing my eyes, I waited for the pain to strike, for the dizziness to come. They said in movies and books the black, emptyness came soon, blocking out the pain and envelpoing you, I just hoped that was true, that I wouldn't have to suffer long. Surprisingly, though, no pain came. I hesitantly opened my eyes partly, my eye lashes covering most from view. 

Swallowing, I opened them properly to see the boy defending me with his black mist. I gaped in shock, was he mad? There was no way he would win this, against 20 others. He should of just let them kill me and I didn't understand why he didn't. Why was he on my side when they called him master? Why did he refuse to harm me? Part of me was thankful and relieved, another part of me was angry that he would do all this but not tell me his name. A name was just a name, it wasn't like it would mean anything to me anyway, like I would know who he was. 

I screamed as something grabbed my arm and I spinned around to come face to face with deranged looking girl with black tousled hair. Her brown eyes sparked menacingly and it was all I could do not to faint in fear. She advanced closer to me and brang her right hand up. At first I didn't know if she was doing some sort of signal or about to punch me, but then I saw something glint in the moonlight and knew she was holding a dagger of some sort, about to bring it down and stab me. 

Instictively, I lunged to the floor, rolling back as her knife pierced the soil next to me. Involuntarily, I kicked her with my feet, making her topple to the floor with a shriek. I grabbed her knife and scrambled to my feet, gasping for breath. Looking around, I noticed a body on the floor, blood seeping out into the soil. I cringed in disgust, I had always hated the sight of blood.

"Oi! Rive, this is one for you not obeying my command," A shout made me turn to see the boy smirking in a tree, twirling his stone in the air. I frowned, what was he doing up there? Probably defending himself, unlike you, stuck here on the floor. I groaned at my own lack of logic and turned to see Samuel withering in pain. He fell to the floor, twitching and shouting. The girl who I had tripped to the floor a minute ago had disappear and I spun around, trying to locate her. 

Of course, my luck couldn't hold up that long and soon enough a knife was at my throat and the girl had grabbed my hands back behind my back, holding them firmly in her grasp.

"Gotcha, Hunter, I thought you would have been tougher though, being the Hunters' daughter and all, but I guess not," she hissed into my ear mockingly.

"Let her go, Vance, seriously, otherwise you end up like Rive," the boy had jumped out the tree and was advancing on me and the girl.

"It's Fern, master, I would prefer you called me by my first name, not surname," the girl said, tightening her grip on me, making me gasp. She pushed the dagger harder into my throat and I tensed up in pain, a tear escaping my eye despite my best efforts not to show my weakness, not to show I was pain.

The boy raised a brow and clasped his stone tightly in his left hand, his knuckles turning white, "I will call you what I like. You obey me and only me, now let her go. Now, Vance, let the girl go now."