I'll Never Be Her

Start from the beginning

They were looking at Leo and Calypso in the strawberry fields laughing. You watched them sadly because you and Leo used to do that.

"Do you want to go back?" Annabeth asked softly.

You looked at her and let the tears fall. She hugged you and rubbed your back in efforts to comfort you.

She guided you back to your cabin. It physically and emotionally hurt your heart to see them.

That's when you realized how much you actually needed Leo. You still loved him and it hurt.

I hate you I love you
I hate that I love you
Don't want to, but I can't put
Nobody else above you
I hate you I love you
I hate that I want you
You want her, you need her
And I'll never be her

You hated Leo, but you loved him. You hated Leo because he lied to you and cheated on you.

You loved him because he's charming and extremely protective. He made you feel safe and secure about yourself.

He made you happy.

You hated Leo because you loved him. You hated yourself because you loved him so much, even though he's ripping you apart.

Piper tried to hook you up with a few guys, but you always refused to go on the dates she made.

Piper was complaining about how you're really stubborn. Then she starts saying how she's concerned for you.

You couldn't put anyone else above Leo, because Leo was the center of your whole world.

Even though you weren't the center of his anymore.

You should've known that Leo would go for a goddess like Calypso. Heck, she was everything you weren't.

She was a goddess. You weren't.

She had clear skin. You had a little acne.

She had perfect hair. You had frizzy and dry hair.

She had the perfect color of eyes. You had (E/C) ones.

She smelled better than you, even though that's impossible.

She looked better than you. She was happier than you.

She was everything you weren't. She was perfect to Leo and the center of his world now.

Leo wanted her. He needed her for the gods' sakes. Leo didn't need you. He didn't want you, or at least it appeared that way.

I miss you when I can't sleep
Or right after coffee
Or right when I can't eat
I miss you in my front seat
Still got sand in my sweaters
From nights we don't remember
Do you miss me like I miss you?

In reality, Leo was under a love potion Calypso stole from the Hecate Cabin that had the help of the Aphrodite Cabin.

He didn't actually know what was going on until he was broken out of the spell. He broke up with Calypso and realized that he would never get you back.

Leo missed you when he couldn't sleep because you would sing a beautiful song that would make him weary.

Leo missed you after he had coffee. He would always go crazy, but you were there to calm him down.

He missed you when he couldn't eat because you would watch a movie and cuddle with him.

Leo missed you on the back of Festus holding onto his waist and resting your head on his shoulder.