Chapter 6

Jemma's P.O.V.

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping and beautiful melodies humming quietly.

Okay, not really. But it feels that way.

I'm seeing Grayson today. What more could I ask for? I really wish he didn't have a girlfriend to be honest, which is just selfish of me, I know but still. I love him. You never want someone you love to love someone else. But he deserves her. She was there for him when I wasn't. She gives him love now, not me. I'm just a memory and a blast from the past. But at least we can be friends. I don't want to cross boundaries. Girl code is girl code. I wouldn't do something that I wouldn't want her to do if the situation were in reverse. Having him in my life as a friend is more important than not having him in my life. He means too much to me.

We're supposed to go on a friend date today. I'm excited. He's driving us so all I have to so is get ready and wait for him to get here.

I straighten my hair out and then curl the ends and brush through them to give it some volume so its not just flat and boring. I put on some comfortable light blue jeggins I got from JC Penny's. I through on a simple but cute maroon t shirt that shows off my curves. I put on some mascara and some blush to put life into my pale face. I pul on my white converse and I'm ready to go.

My phone dings and I jump onto my bed and grab it as fast as I can.

Its a text from Grayson, as I had expected.

"Be there in 2 minutes. :))"

I didn't respond as I grabbed my phone and headed out of my room, grabbing my room key and sliding into my front pocket.

I close the door and head towards the elevator. I go to the lobby and head outside to see Grayson leaning up against the side of his black Dodge Charger, arms folded smiling.

"Hey beautiful." He smiled.

I was taken back by his simple greeting. A smile instantly marking my faces as I walked closer.

"Hey Gray." I respond.

He opens the door as I near closer and let's me step in. I smile as he shuts the door and walks back to the driver side.

I buckle my seatbelt as he get in.

"Where are we going?" I ask as he starts the car.

"Let's see how good your balance is babe?" He laughs.

He seems quite flirty. I honestly do not mind but, he has a girlfriend.

***

"Roller skating?" I busted out laughing.

"Absolutely." He smirked.

"Grayson. We're too old for this." I laughed as I shut the car door behind me.

He made an hurt face as he breathed out, putting his hand to his chest. "How dare you." He says defensively.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I laugh.

We head into the skating rink and Grayson pays for the both of us. As I'm lacing up my skates I think of something.

"Hey, will I ever get to meet your girlfriend?" I ask kindly.

He looks of from his skates laces with furrowed eyebrows as he tilts his head. "Who?"

I'm confused.

"Um, Brie? Is that her name? Your girlfriend. When can I meet her?" I say clarifying myself.

He laughs. "Um who?"

I get aggravated. "Your girlfriend Grayson."

"What girlfriend?" He smirks.

"Your girlfriend." I say but it comes out as more of a question.

"We're not together anymore." He smiles.

My heart explodes.

"What?!" I say shocked trying to hide my happiness.

"Yeah. Well she slept with Kian.." He trailed off. "But don't worry, I'm actually very relieved."

"Oh. Okay. That stinks. But I'm glad you're happy." I smiled.

"Thanks." He stands and helps me up.

I wobble a little on the skates as he holds me steady.

"Now let's go do this shit." He laughs.

***

I was so slow at first, but after I was used to it I was racing around everywhere. Me and Grayson were laughing and dancing around and singing to the songs on the radio.

I try to look back to see where he is and I don't see him. I turn around and hit someone hard, head on. His arms wrap around me as we fall to the ground and he breaks my fall.

I look up and see Grayson, groaning in pain under me.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I say trying to get up.

He chuckles. "Its okay. This is actually the most fun I've had in such a long time." He smiled.

I smiled too. "Yeah me too bud, but if me falling and crushing you is the most fun you've had in a while, you don't have nearly enough fun. Imma pray for you." I help him up slowly.

I lift him as well as I can and he slides forward on his skates. He wraps his arms around my waist as he steadys himself. I look down to Hus hands around me and slowly look back up to his eyes. I quickly glance at his lips as he stares at my eyes. He slides his tongue across his lips and lip ring as my heart rate increases.

Kiss me you dumb bitch.

He slowly leans down as I stare back into his eyes. He slowly placed his lips on mine and his hands instantly pulled me closer to him. The feeling of his piercing against my lip made me hum into the kiss. I move my hands up to cup his face. He leans me back slightly as he deepens the kiss. His soft lips caress my beautifully as my heart rate sped up exponentially.

He slowly pulled away as I fluttered my eyes open.

He looked down at me and smiled. I blushed and tried to fight a smile by biting mg lip.

"I'm sorry.." He paused. He lifted his right hand to the back of his neck and gripped it. He bit his piercing as I admired his bicep littered in tattoos. "Just couldn't help myself." He chucked.

"N-no. Its fine. D-don't worry about it." I stuttered.

***

"Thanks for tonight. It was nice to have fun for the first time in so long." He shyly smiled.

"No. Thank you." I gushed. "Tonight was actually the best night I've had since.." Shit. You can't talk about having sex with him Jemma. Change the subject. "Since a while ago." I finished.

He chuckled as his cheeks turned pink. Shit. Does he know what I was going to say?

"But yeah. Thanks for tonight. Um. I'll talk to you soon." I smiled. "Goodnight."

"Yeah. Thank you too. I'll see ya later Jem." He pulled me into a warm hug. "Goodnight."

He tunes around and walks back go his car before getting in and driving away. Once I know I can , I jump up and down squealing.

"Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!" I yell. "Fuck yeah motha fuckas." I turn around to see the girl at the main desk laughing her ass off.

I collect myself and walk in. "Stop laughing. I'm happy." I joke.

She throws her hands up defensively. "Aye. I'm not saying nothing." She laughs.

I smile and head up to my room.

***

I'm laying in bed and I'm happy. Very happy. Oh, oh boy!

(School makes me want to want to drop out and be a stripper. I can dance. Kind of. It could happen. Also, sorry about typos. I'm only human.)