Bubbles and Old Women

"Did you say I was sweet..?" Alaina heard Erik gawk in disbelief. She panicked. Alaina didn't want him to get the wrong idea..even if that was how she felt. No I don't feel anything for him...besides he's probably five years old than me...but that makes him all the more intriguing...Then she realized she hadn't answered him.

"Actually, if you are, as I believe, seventeen I am six years older than you...I apologize but how is that more intriguing? And Alaina you still haven't answered me 'did you say sweet?'" Erik smirked at her, he'd gotten up from the piano's chair and was inches from her face. Erik's eyes gazed at her's, their icy blue waters seeming to search for an answer. Her breathing grew uneven and rapid. He must have noticed because he took his hands upon her shoulders to steady her. Alaina felt their firm heat, she hoped he would keep them on her...Alaina looked up to see his eyebrows knit together in frustration.

"I, um, think that it was sweet that you to, um, have, ur, written all that music just for me. You must have been up all night....that was very sweet...of you." Alaina fumbled. She felt absurd. The only thing she got straight was the fact that he was touching her, Erik was close to her.

"It was no big deal, I don't really sleep at night. It's my favorite time, I was bored." Erik seemed to stand up straighter.

"Oh, um, alright." Aaina whispered. Is he going to dare to get closer...will he kiss me...? Erik was getting very close to her, looking at her with extreme intensity.

"I do not dare, Miss Daae. I am..." Erik's brow furrowed. Alaina wanted to die, she felt tears in her eyes. How did Erik hear her, did she really say that outloud..?

"Um, I am, ur, tired..." Alaina pushed Erik's hands off her. She could feel his cool breath against her neck as she walked past him. Alaina began walking off quickly to her room, she jumped into her bed after dressing into her nightgown, even though it was nearly noon. She pulled the covers over her head and sighed, letting a few tears escape. But she didn't care, Erik wasn't the only reason she was crying. Madame Giry was dead. Meg wasn't around anymore. Alaina never even got a glimpse of her parents in her entire life. And the most strange, tempermental man thought of her as nothing but a little girl, a burden.  

**ERIK**

He was smirking to himself. Alaina soft whisper 'That's so sweet...?', replayed over and over in his mind, was there the slimest chance she thought of him as a good man? Erik desperately wanted to see her again, but not yet. They were going out for dinner, were they not? Well, now that Alaina was in her room sleeping or something, maybe not. But suddenly he had an urge, an urge to go into the night with her. He wanted to go to a deserted restuarant and dine with her, even though he hated going into public places. But he would be with her, Alaina would be around... perhaps start a conversation.

"No, I don't have any sort of feelings towards her!!" Erik spat quietly, fiddling with the keys on the piano. He needed a drink. Now.

After pouring himself his second or third glass of wine Erik couldn't take it. It was eight o'clock at night, yet Alaina was still sleeping. He was sober, yes good as before the wine, just impatient now. Erik stormed off to Alaina's room and threw open the door. She was just a bundle of blankets breathing heavily. He almost smiled at how beautiful it was to see her breathing so peacefully. Almost.

"Up!! Alaina it's time for that Creme' Brulee!! Let's go dine...!!" Erik shouted halfheartedly to her. Immediatly he saw a little brown haired head pop up from under the covers. Alaina shoved them aside and sighed in, or what Erik hoped was, a happy tone. Erik watched closely as she strechted, then Alaina blushed, Erik almost instantly noticed that the nightgown she was wearing only reached her lower thigh. Why would she wear something like that? It's not at all like the reserved dresses I see every woman wear in daytime...maybe it's different at night? And why in the world am I still looking at her...? Does the top of her dress have sleeves or at least a conceiled collar....nope. Then Erik noticed that he'd been looking at her chest too long, he reddened a bit himself as Alaina squirmed under his looks.