How do I know you're the owner?

She narrowed her eyes a little frustrated she tapped away at her screen giving her description of knowing the phone and its contacts.

She watched as the words popped up...
Tara is typing......

The messgage appeared.

Very well maybe we can meet up and I give it back.

A public place? She responded.

Yes, where did you have in mind?

She sat back and thought it over.

Tomorrow she had classes so it would be best during her break. She wanted it to be in a populated area.

Tommorow at Washington Park do you know where that is?

Yes....

O.k. see you there.

Nervous, but satisfied and a little dissapointed that it wasn't him.

********

"You did what?" Mimi sat before her shocked at the first Tara told her as they got ready for class.

"I got a hold of the person that has my cell phone and he or she agreed to give it back." she said brushing her hair.

"Tara...thats not a good idea. Its a complete stranger." Mimi shook her head.

"Thats why I picked Washington Square Park. It's close and heavily populated." she sighed.

She watched as Mimi nervously began to pace.
"O.k. ....o.k. I'll go with you just in case." she began. "I wont take no for an answer i'm coming." she immediately as Tara began to protest.

Mimi's heavy determined gaze won as Tara's shoulders slouched.

"O.k. but it just to get my phone...." she stood.

They agreed and then left.

*****
Anxious eyes watched the clock as it ticked away. Tara's head was barely there as the monotonous voice of the professor gave his lecture.

She fidgeted and shifted in her chair more time than she can count. She thought she could get away with a brief nap during a slide show presentation but she couldn't, she was so ready to leave.

In all honesty she wanted to get her phone but mostly see the person who has it. She mainly wanted to know how it ended up in their hands and if he, she or they brought her IPod to the hospital.

All those thoughts mulled in her head as she was relieved when her midday class was over. She stood and impatiently trailed behind the rest to leave the building.

As agreed she met Mimi on the way out and they took off.
The walk over to the park was just a minute a minute or so. It was the perfect spot to meet the person that had her phone. It was convenient because after she could head back to class once she gets it back.

Once there they combed the park and looked around. The heavy lunch hour made it a crowded area but just enough eyes just in case.

She pulled out her phone and began to text.

O.k i'm here at the park have you arrived yet, where are you at?

She waited.

She exchanged a nervous look with Mimi and after a couple of seconds she felt bummed that they might not have showed up at all. The slight jingle pulled her from her thoughts.

I'm here. By the fountain.

She looked around and walked slowly. Her settled on the the different faces and couples.

Where exactly by the fountain? What are you wearing?

She began to get frustrated. She was impatient as she continued to look cor a person she didn't even know.

I am wearing a black t-shirt and black jeans.

She blew out an annoying breath as her eyes landed on bunch of guys in black t-shirts with back packs and black jeans.

Look be more specific.... I don't see you!!!

Agitated she stared at Mimi that now looked at her sadly.

But I see you....

She stiffened and frowned turning everywhere. She never told him what she was wearing. Upset now that he is playing games and the damn itching that suddenly started in her hand began putting her in a sour mood.

Then her phone rang.

She looked at her familiar number. She stared up at Mimi.
Slowly she answered it.

"And you look beautiful as I remember you lass." the familiar voice she thought she never hear again spoke to her.

Her heart slammed in her chest and her face grew warm. She shut her eyes praying this isn't a dream.

"Duncan?" she could barely speak.

"Aye love t'is me." he whispered.

Her vision blurred as Mimi stepped closer and watch her shut her eyes again and sway.

Worried at how Tara paled.

She began to tremble as her tears fell.
Still on the phone she felt him so near.

The mantra in her mind begged Please let this be true.

Then he spoke gently again.

"Turn around love."

*******

Here we gooooo🙈🙈🙈🙈

Thank you guys so much for the support. The comments are What puts a smile on face. I'm happy to say that I entered Misplaced Angel into the #Wattys2017
I'm crossing my fingers that I will get noticed. I am also happy to say that it's #24 in the What's hot list 🔥 as of 7/7/17
And so far 944k reads thank u guys so much. Lets get this story out there with more reads don't forget to share it.